Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone !
I found an add for a 1996 Ninja 500, but it seems to miss the lower fairing. Does anyone know if the model came with that part every year ? If not, will it be hard to install one on (are the holes there on the frame?) It seems quite common for the lower fairing to be removed on this bike, is it just for the look or is it easy to break ?
Thanks for your help !

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Some of the early models didn't come with em' . I fairly sure that a 96 did , so you should just be able to mount it right up .

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
It wasn't until about '99 that were made standard. Prior they were optional. There is a bracket set that is used attaching them so if you find a used one you'll have to be sure to get it with the brackets, hit a wrecking yard for them, or order a bracket kit. All of the parts are the same from '94 up and yes, with the kit it will bolt on to your bike.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Just for added info, mine was lowered when I got it and I kept hitting the lower fairing on every speedbump before I removed it.. Since then I figured how to raise the bike higher than stock but the lower never made it back on (half the roads are like a land mine testing field here)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Also, does it have an altered exhaust/aftermarket pipes sometimes the lower fairing interferes with the
new system so pepople have to ditch em...maybe?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1991 and I can't find the lower fairing. Iv seen lower fairings on the 1991 but can't seem to find one for my bike. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Check ebay for fairings. people that have them are really proud of them so they may be expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts