Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pick up a new 2006 this past Saturday for my wife. I need to lower it 1" and shave the seat down just a little and then add the bar risers. My question...Who makes the best lowering link and has anyone used Motorcycle Larry's riser and do you like it. This is a great bike, but she is on her TIP toes right now. She just needs a little help. Thanks for all the help

Steve
Mississippi

·
Registered
19,367 Posts
Fog will make you what you need don't cut the seat.

FOG

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I've got Larry's Riser. It took a lot of the strain off of a previously damaged shoulder. My only concern it the front brake line. It seems a little tight to me. I intend to have it replaced with one an inch longer. There are some others on this forum that have them. That's were I got my info. Easy to install. As I recall the instructions don't specifically refer to the littlest Ninja, but it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Hello and welcome steelpony :)

FOG is making what we refer to as dogbones.

Basically it's a replacement part for the rear suspension that could change the height of the bike.

I don't have those on my bike, but a lot of peoples here seems to love them very much.

FOG's parts are also of the best quality :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Frog said:
Hello and welcome steelpony :)

FOG is making what we refer to as dogbones.

Basically it's a replacement part for the rear suspension that could change the height of the bike.

I don't have those on my bike, but a lot of peoples here seems to love them very much.

FOG's parts are also of the best quality :)
dogbones raise, and lowering links lower, or are they two terms for the same thing?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
pretty much

One is longer (to lower the bike) while the other is shorter (to raise it)

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have M/C Larry's risers and like them. No problem with my brake line. Great riding position, easier on back and better leverage in turns.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts