Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to know if there's a company that makes the parts to do this or is it a custon job? Haven't seen any lowering links or anything else on some web searches of mine. What different options do I have?
Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
63 Posts
You can indeed lower the bike. Some companies do make lowering links, but you're better off supporting our own. PM Fog, or Dad, they both make links to make the bike sit higher, so I'm sure they could make some to lower the bike too.

Another option, if you don't want to spend any money, Shave some foam off your seat.

Brad

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well was gonna post a pic of this nice looking EX500 I saw on craigslist, but the post expired so I can't get the picture to link to you. He did have some nice mods on it though. Has a rear fairing from a zx6r, the targa lower cowling kit and had it lowered about 1-1.5 inches. Very clean looking. Wish I had the pic to link for you guys.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i saw some on ebay last week. im trying to lower my wifes ex too. google search it with "dogbones"

·
Registered
19,369 Posts
I can make you a set of lowering links for any amout (of lowering ) you want. $40 + shipping.

FOG

·
Registered
54 Posts
could you make me a set fog. you cant beat that price!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome FOG I'll have to get in touch with you shortly and get a pair of those made... anything you'd recommend to get that front end down and/or recommend replacing the rear shock/spring as well?
Thanks

·
Registered
19,369 Posts
artifice said:
Awesome FOG I'll have to get in touch with you shortly and get a pair of those made... anything you'd recommend to get that front end down and/or recommend replacing the rear shock/spring as well?
Thanks
Look into these. http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/ninja_risers.aspx
They will raise the bars , but more importantlly for you you can slip the fork tubes higher into them to lower the front.

FOG

·
Registered
19,369 Posts
artifice said:
Damn FOG! Would those possibly make room for some clip-ons on top?
Thank you again THIS FORUM ROX!
What? No the There isn't enough fork tube to do that. They are designed to remount the standard risers. The Idea being to raise the bars for comfort. They just provide the space to slip the tubes into to lower the front end about 1 1/2 " as far as I can tell.

FO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts