Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just wondering what the main jet on these bikes is supposed to be? A 140 is in there now, But I don't think it is the stock jet. My old RD350 only had 120 mains and it was rejetted for chambers, So I'm guessing there should be a 130 in this bike for a main.

Can anyone tell me what is stock mains on these?

Thanks,

Brad

·
Registered
19,363 Posts

FOG

Z

·
0 Posts
But what brand are the main jets you now have?

Because, Keihin numbers are different than DynoJet numbers. Ex. 140 Keihin is not the same as a 140 DJ.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I thought jet numbers were the diameter.Thousanths,maybe?Been a long time since I did any jetting.Bet FOG will clarify.

Z

·
0 Posts
Couldn't be thousandths (at least for both brands). 120 thousandths is close to 1/8".

I know for a fact the numbers for Keihin are not the same as Dynojet meaning a Keihin 120 is not the same jet size as a 120 DJ.

EX: a 132 DJ is about the same as a 145 Keihin. You may be able to find a rough conversion chart somewhere on the net....

I'm now running DJ 148 mains in my 11 which are about the same flow as a Keihin 162.

If the stock jets are 130's then they are obviously on the Keihin scale. A fairly rough estimate is .9 x Keihin # = approx. DJ #.

So 130 x .9 = about 117 DJ (but there is no 117 size so most likely go up to 118 DJ)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts