Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mileage Competition (Sign up Here!)

10K views 63 replies 43 participants last post by  jimnet518 
G
#1 ·
As discussed earlier (http://www.ex-500.com/index.php/topic,613.15.html), we're going to hold a mileage competition for 2007 - lets see who takes our EX500 the farthest this year. Competition officially opened Jan. 15, 07.

Post up a pic of your speedometer. If you can't do that, you can still join, but it's preferred, so that nobody accuses anybody of lying at the end of the year!

Have fun! :)

(Oh, and as of right now, prize is yet to be announced, but likely there will be one :p )

#10 ·
As luck would have it, I had the front brake replaced by the dealer on 1/16/07 (one day after the competition started), and he put down my odometer reading on the receipt: 60,225. I am also including a pic of the odometer reading today 2/5/07: 60,486

[attachment deleted by admin]

#15 ·
I'm gonna enter my 3 bikes into the competition though I don't know just how many miles I'll be able to get on them this year.

1. GSX 600
2. Kawasaki Ex500
3. Yamaha V-star

[attachment deleted by admin]

#17 ·
Know this is a bad time to ask but what about the ones joining this who can ride all year vs us that can only log 4-5 months???? Maybe break it up to a regional thing so its a little more fair for everyone!

G
#18 ·
I started this idea, and I'm Canadian! But, given that I ride 10 out of 12 months a year despite at least 4 of those months having snow on the road...

I'd be open to any regional suggestions for the competition, maybe if you guys want to have a fun comp. in your regional boards?

I think we're going to try to have a prize for the grand winner of this big one - probably a t-shirt or something? Whatever I or somebody else decides to put up by the end of the year I guess...

#21 ·
Well i guess i'll join. I'm not to sure of the current mileage as im sitting in Iraq right now. I should be getting back to Alaska sometime in July and will gladly join in then. Once the first snow falls I'm not allowed to ride anymore though. Oh and I'm buying a 2nd bike. Soooo.....maybe i'll lose. Haha. Nah, i'll be sure to win. I'll just stick it idling on some rollers..... If i had to guess i would say the bike has around 3k miles. I'll be sure to post a pic once i get home.

#23 ·
im gonna enter both my bikes.

yzf600r has 2452 miles
ex500 has 5842 miles.

i tried getn pics but the flash kept given me a bad glare and no flash couldnt be decifered. i doubt ill win because i dont ride long distance regularly or ride everyday. let the games begin

#24 ·
matt500r said:
What the heck I will join :) im at work right now so I cant post up a pic. I am sitting just over 5100 miles

I will work on getting a picture and post it tomorrow AM
Looks like I lied to ya...Forgot to take a picture but I was at 5113 :)

I dont do to many long drives so I prolly wont be the winner but I think I may plan a couple of long rides this season as I wont be able to next season...a giant bird carrying a baby will arrive at my house around Oct. 4th :)

Edited to add Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.