Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*noob alert* is there a major factor/difference that would lead someone to NOT buy motocross boots. they are affordable for me, 80-90 bucks, and i like the look. searched but found nothing as i'm probably the only one to think this way, haha. here is a pic of the boots i will probably get tomorrow depending on feedback.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I thought about that too so you're not alone ;)

The reason that I didn't end up picking these is that I tried them on at the dealer and then sat on and tried to shift on a SV650.. I didn't see any easy way of doing it so I ended up with the Nitro Techsport boots that were cheaper.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what bout adjusting the shifter? haven't done so, but heard others speak of it. i ride in tennis shoes right now and wouldn't mind being a bit safer and if i decide to get a dirtbike that'll help from having to buy street and motocross boots. *my wallet is a bit thin* haha thanks for your feedback. my little brother got them for riding motocross and i'm jealous, haha.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
try them on your ride, maybe you won't have that problem :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
indeed, other than the shifting problem you had. what do you think. anything against motocross boots on a street bike as opposed to say icon superduty (just cover your ankle sorta like work boots) or actual heavy street/track boots

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Well, when I got in those it kinda felt like my snowboard boots..

They didn't feel flexible enough for road bike usage (shift/brake) but that's probably just the fact that I never wore those before. I guess that with a bit of adaptation, it would be ok.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Frog said:
Well, when I got in those it kinda felt like my snowboard boots..

They didn't feel flexible enough for road bike usage (shift/brake) but that's probably just the fact that I never wore those before. I guess that with a bit of adaptation, it would be ok.
yea, they're def snug. i've worn a couple pair of motocross boots. and i agree with the snowboard boot comment. it would either be those or maybe the icon motorhead boots

·
Registered
171 Posts
I used a pair of gaerne sg1's last year for awhile, they were well worn so quite flexible. Other than not wanting to look like mad max I'd see no reason not to wear them.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
...or try and find some cheap roadrace/street boots....

NewEnough has these black SetUp Vision Boots for $129 in all sizes (and 2 more colors, red/blue) and has these black/red JoeRocket boots at $59 if you can fit a 7 or 8 and they have these grey ones in a 7/8/10/11 for $47 in closeouts......(I've been looking for some boots too...)

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the help, not sure what i'm gonna do. the protection seems good on the thor boots, it just a matter of being able to use my shifter comfortably

·
Registered
1,107 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I just ordered the Vega's, M-Superstore.com has free shipping over $75 right now....

·
Registered
1,107 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
white gets dirty quickly..

Heh ! Just realised these boots look exactly like the ones I've got, the girl selling them told me they were the tecksport model, but I got the vega ?!

Still, they were cheap and I've got no complaints so far. ;D

·
Registered
722 Posts
Question, Is there an Academy Sports & Outdoors near you?

If so stop buy and have a look at there line of Brazo's service boots
http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=products/footwear/mens/service&start=0&selectedSKU=0548-02157-6021
not real fancy but they are steel toe, great construction, great ankle support, comfortable to walk around in since they are designed for contruction work adn police beat boots, and best of all they are very inexpensive. They come in different styles to if the 6" isn't for you.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts