Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CBS has the Catalunya race Sun. June 10 1:30-2:30 ET.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First race (MotoGp) that I've been able to watch in four years (got rid of digital cable-too much $).Wow.Ducati power saved the day for Stoner,Rossi out-rode him,made some incredible passes on the brakes,but on the long front straight Stoner could pass him back every time.EXTREME lean angles.You could see smoke coming off tires,knee pucks AND toe-sliders!Great skill.....

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Extreme Disappointment

I watched the race this am live. I was ecstatic. What better race to introduce MotoGp at the local watering hole. Hey it's a great weekend and to make arrangements to sit inside was no small sacrifice. Unfortunately CBS took the best race in memory and ruined it. All the respect in the world to Kevin but neither he nor the other gentlemen should ever comment on racing again. It was like watching paint dry. Compared to Dorna the coverage was lacking and the enthusiasm of the commentators, well......By the second or third commercial break even I left. It looks like the fence will get fixed this weekend after all. The bar has said that the next race will not be shown, hurt business too much. This was a great chance to expand the fan base in this country, CBS failed. The race shown by Dorna was a "cracker"!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Thanks for letting me know! That's the first MotoGp race I've watched (maybe ever, before the Ninja I was all about cars) and it was exciting. It is a great experience and chance to see riders so comfortable on the bike and a good chance to for visual learning (not that I will ever race, but skill is skill).

Thanks

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah,the commentary was annoying.Schwantz looked bored,and if he had said "really" one more time I was going to kill him.Well,not kill him...But it was like every sentance.And the other guy was an idiot.Taked a lot about the "drivers" .Must be a golfer.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
2001 check out motogp.com I used to think it was a luxury and certainly the HD version is. That being said since most of the races are in Europe I can watch them live in the early am and still have the whole day left over. If you enjoyed the CBS version hang on to your hat! How's you English and Aussie? Plus you can go back and watch all the races you've missed. It could be come addicting ;D

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2001,if you want to watch some superbike racing for free,check out superbike.cn some of the vids are a full hour long. The Isle of Mann TT is a must-see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts