Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took the bike on a shakedown run this afternoon....Came up to a four-way stop two lanes going in each direction. So I pulled up to the stop, in the right side of the lane, at the first white painted strip.

MSF lesson don't sit in the middle of the lane at a stop and give yourself an out....I check my rear view and see a white car approaching fairly quickly.

As soon as I glance away I hear the errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrchh sound.... I know exactly who it is and I roll the bike over to the right side of the lane almost the gutter. I could hear the the brakes going erchhh errch errch as passed me...he finally stopped at the far side of the cross walk. I heard the passenger in the rear seat say Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooaaaaa!

It was a carload of 17-18 year olds...(maybe younger) He didn't wait for anyone in the intersection and took off through it.

He either didn't see me or assumed I was going to turn right.... since he almost didn't stop for the stop sign I'm thinking he didn't see me or the stop sign!

WTF how about a sorry that was close! Wouldn't even look at me. Punk A$$$. :mad:

You know this stuff usually doesn't happen when I'm riding with my buddies

·
Registered
530 Posts
Glad to hear it was an "almost"... and you had time to get clear. The scariest part to riding (for me) is you don't have to be an idiot to get hurt, but have to be 100% aware at all times for the other idiots.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Glad to not see this in the crash section .

Now tell your backseat rider that he owes you his life, that's worth at least a beer ;D

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was by myself...otherwise I would've had clean my seat. The Whoaaaaaa! came from the kid in the backseat of the car as they breezed by me... :eek:

I just got it back on the road yesterday... ::)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
oh, then great reflexes :)

Glad you saved your arse ;)

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Note to myself...

Do not ride during times when inattentive teens or drunks are out cruising, traveling to games, etc.

As if that can always be helped.

·
Registered
103 Posts
MrSciTrek said:
Note to myself...

Do not ride during times when inatentive teens or drunks are out cruising, traveling to games, etc.
This is true, if you live near a highschool, don't ride when they get out of school. I have almost died so many times from inexperienced 16yo assholes who just got their BMW or 40 foot lifted truck and have absolutely no idea what they are doing, especially when they just get out of school and drive like idiots.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Man, I've always been paranoid of that happening to me, and Im never sure I'd be able to react as well as you did. However, if I did, that's the kind of thing that would make me give chase to some punks and nearly crack some heads.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Glad your still alive to tell about it !

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
spider_kyle said:
that's the kind of thing that would make me give chase to some punks and nearly crack some heads.
I don't know what I'd do, but when they reached their destination I'd have been there right behind them. It's hard to think of that at the time, though. When I almost got plowed by a drunk I just went on my way, thinking WTF all the way home and thanking God for watching out for me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, the more I thought about the more pissed I got. Made me wish I had a Hammer to put through the windshield...A little reminder to mom and dad that jr. is F'd up! ::)

It's like that good come back line that you think of an hour after someone dogs you....

LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts