Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recently put a full Muzzy Exhaust on my EX500. So far I have removed the Pilot Screw protective metal pieces and adjusted the pilot screws to 2.5 turns out. My result has been great except for the popping on the deceleration. Plus, i feel that I can get more power by turning the screws more. Does anyone have the same Mod and can give me specific advice?

Thanks.

·
Registered
348 Posts
To remove popping on deceleration:

Remove the gas tank.

You will see a bunch of black tubes, two of which running out of the tops of the cylinders, and one running into the air box. Remove all the tubes, but take one and rout it from one cylinder to the other. And you're done.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow... talk about "Set it and forget it"...couldn't be more easier. Thanks for the advice!!!

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]I heart EX-500.com!![/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

·
Registered
19,369 Posts
i DON'T WANT TO OVERLY COMPLICATE THE PROCESS, BUT PUT A PIECE OF TAPE OVER THE HOLE IN THE AIRBOX. THAT HOLE IS DOWNSTREAM FROM THE AIRCLEANER.

Yeah I know I just typed all cap.

FOG

·
Registered
348 Posts
oh yeah. plug the hole to the airbox in addition to removing the tubing. all i did was put a piece of cardboard over it and run a strip of duct tape to hold it. works fine.

·
Registered
722 Posts
FOG said:
i DON'T WANT TO OVERLY COMPLICATE THE PROCESS, BUT PUT A PIECE OF TAPE OVER THE HOLE IN THE AIRBOX. THAT HOLE IS DOWNSTREAM FROM THE AIRCLEANER.

Yeah I know I just typed all cap.

FOG
like I said "cruise control for cool" on the interweb atleast.

D

·
0 Posts
you usually wont have that popping problem, but when shifting down from three to two: at night you will see flames shoot out. i saw it happen last week with mine.

·
Registered
298 Posts
so duct tape makes it shoot flames or changing the hoses does?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts