Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my daughter decided to bury some bricks in the walkway to my backyard today. So I was riding my bike into the back yard and all of a sudden the front of my bike popped up and I heard a loud crack. I shut the bike down, drop the kick stand and look at the damage. The brick (1"x12"x24") broke in 1/2 and was lodged between the ground and my exhaust propping the front wheel about an inch off the floor. I was like holy ****! So I rocked the bike off and pushed it to the back yard. I am really pissed right now. **** that just sucked. I also had a mint condition lower that I was using to make a custom lower. That just means that I need to hurry and get it done sooner than later.

Although tomorrow morning I am going to wake up early and try and fiberglass the lower back into shape and I'll fix it up over the weekend hopefully

·
Registered
122 Posts
You could also try plastic welding it back on. The welder looks and works like a soldering iron. You melt plastic rod material and pieces back together.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Don't use fiberglass. Either weld it or use ABS cement. And even if you're not going to use it, somebody will give you at least $50 for it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If that piece is the only thing that is broken on the lower, you could clean it up with a jigsaw and add some black painted mesh in the center that would cover it up and still look decent.

I would try cutting the where the inside lip of the lower and bolting the mesh on.

·
Registered
146 Posts
You could just remove the lower and ride it like that. I plan on doing it when I get back home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts