Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend had a little "get off" a couple of days ago. Basically he hit some water on the road that was obscured by shadows, and the bike slid out. He's religious about gear - not a scratch on him. His BMW is not too bad off either. He happened to have his vid equip with him that day, and a made a funny but educational "mockumentary" about his experience. Incidentally, when he refers to "skid marks" he's talking about the trajectory marked by the sheriff - not actual skid marks from locking up - I don't think he actually hit the brakes.

Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yrdp5MyUD4

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cops - no.
Salt - we washed the bike right away that evening, and quite thoroughly. Didn't have any issues. I don't suppose I'd make playing in the salt a frequent habit, though...

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
The first video was removed but watched the second. Great riding technique and great job video editing even the score was great. I can see how he might crash fairly frequently if he rides a lot on the street like that (at max speed in corners) - with frost damaged roads like they are here you never know what the surface is going to be like mid corner.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heh - he's totally moved on (?) to riding off road now. Has a KTM 990. Did the Montana 1000 (1000 miles off-road tour) this summer. I gotta say, I miss that BMW. The KTM might, mathematically, go faster/have more torque blah blah, but with more play in the suspension, very upright seating position etc. it doesn't feel nearly as exciting (for me, as a passenger.) The KTM... yawn! (for me - for him it's a perfect bike - he loves it!)
Glad I have my own wheels!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts