Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get a few of those little black flies or gnats blown up the gap in front of my chin, into my inside visor area of my HJC CL-15 size xl. For the time being I plan to tack in some stretch fabric.

How prevalent a phenomenon is this; I will be seeking a better helmet duh! Please report any similar issiues with what you have.

Please no lectures about "you should buy a ____" because I already know what fits me best.

·
Registered
253 Posts
well splash down south we do 1 better. just go to the local feed store and buy some good ole fashion flystrips/paper. place on helmet where all the bugs are or on visor. your sure to get them. they love the stuff. :p
i hope it works it did for me!!!
ps in the summer change out more often!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Motocross helmets have that corse foam stuff in the mouth inlet. You might be able to set something like that up in your helmet.

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
Splash said:
I get a few of those little black flies or gnats blown up the gap in front of my chin, into my inside visor area of my HJC CL-15 size xl. For the time being I plan to tack in some stretch fabric.

How prevalent a phenomenon is this; I will be seeking a better helmet duh! Please report any similar issiues with what you have.

Please no lectures about "you should buy a ____" because I already know what fits me best.
Buy a helmet curtain. usually made for snowmobiles, they work very very well at keeping wind and debris from entering the helmet through that opening. My brother uses one and swears by it. It's cheaper than getting a much more expensive helmet for sure... and if you end up buying one anyway, they're universal.

>>>LINK<<<

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dragknee said:
i had a bee get caught in my helmet once. it WAS NOT cool.
I've got two bee experiences!

First, I was riding visor open with sunglasses - bee hit my glasses so hard they broke them in half on the nose portion...

And the second bee decided to take a trip down my jacket. It started freaking out and stinging me, so my fiance was wondering what the hell I was doing beating on my shoulder and flailing around while riding...lol

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Oh didn't had any bee encounter yet but this helmet curtain will surely help against these cigarettes peoples are throwing out their car windows without looking...

Thanks for the link KS :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Never had this experience, personally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts