Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
group shot red red red red 2 Honda, 2 Ducati, each stands on its own merits

Now that the Monster is done...a leisurely day ...broke out the VFR. Some detailing, a warmup, tire pressures...ready to go anytime. With cool weather near, it'll be leaned on more often.

No riding, this afternoon to relax, watch Yankees vs Red Sox, one of pro baseballs great, long time rivalries.

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Nice collection! The VFR looks bloated next to all those svelte bikes. I know my VFR looks porky when parked next to the 996.

·
Super Moderator
14,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thanky, Dave. VFR the heaviest there and actually gonna get the key this cool morning, a ride out east to the Hamptons I think.
Undeniably the "highway star" of the bunch...and warm, too.

At least *pushing* them around, I perceive the SS800 to be the lightest of the bunch. And all red bikes only, I still wonder how that happened sometimes, but all good. Never thought I'd be up to so many again after downsizing years ago.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
I know my VFR looks porky when parked next to the 996.
The 996 has the effect on many bikes. Even my Aprilia which is not a porker by any stretch does not look as small as it is next to my 996. Same goes for my little yellow GSXR. My old GSXR and the old Turbo bike look positively truck like in comparison.......and thanks for sharing ducatiman.......sean

·
Super Moderator
14,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Nice collection! The VFR looks bloated next to all those svelte bikes. I know my VFR looks porky when parked next to the 996.
Porky or not, darn VFR spectacular on my highway drone yesterday. I reinstalled GenMar bar risers after realizing I still had them tucked away. Want to maximize distance comfort on the VFR as I've got the sport thing, lower bars covered with the others.

As I've posted before, the old VFR clearly the highway star of my bunch. In its distance element within cooler weather...most comfy and capable. A keeper, quite impressive still at 21 years age, 42,000 miles. And still getting looks, thumbs up and positive comments!

Pic of county park destination...VFR barely visible, LH side of parking area. Took a long hike on sandy RV trails to the ocean side too. Great exercise.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts