Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first wreck was my own fault I was going on a ride with my one of my buddies and he was leading. Well i was only riding for about 5 or 6 months then. He went over a hill and around an S curve and i sped up to catch up to him which was a bad idea. I went into the turn too fast and low sided it in the grass and broke off the fairing on the right side. Also on the way down my helmet hit the key and bent it into a 90 degree angle and I couldn't get it out untill I bent it back. So I used blue duct tape, that matched my paint suprisingly well, to tape my fairing back on after I drove it home.

My second wreck wasn't very bad either. I had my bike out of storage for 2 days and I was riding over a set of train tracks when a 71 year old guy turned left off of the street right next to the tracks and smashed into my bike about 3 inches behind my left leg. My bike started leaning over to the right and i jumped off it before it hit the ground. When the bike hit the ground it must have slid 5 or 10 feet cause it ripped off the duct taped fairing, and tore up the mirror, turn signal, tank, passenger peg, brake pedal, muffler, and both levers a total of $3100 worth of damage. When I hit the ground i slid about 10 feet with my faceshield on the gravel. It's kinda strange to watch gravel slinding right in front of your face.

My worst injury of both of these wrecks was a skinned knee. And the old guy's insurance fixed everything including the fairing that was duct taped on to begin with. ;D

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Wow

lucky you still have your legs on the 2nd one.

Since I skinned my left knee all the way to bare bone, I am always wearing either pants or thick chaps with knee protection..

did they fix your bike or simply bought you a new one ???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the insurance fixed it, my bike looks brand new now ;D it was only $150 from being totalled. my bike is only 2 years old now.

·
Registered
261 Posts
sammo500 said:
When I hit the ground i slid about 10 feet with my faceshield on the gravel. It's kinda strange to watch gravel slinding right in front of your face.
Full face FTW! Imagine what your face would look like with a lesser helmet. :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts