Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the ex 500A1...seller had it apart for painting....need to know which lines got to the Petcock and what lines go to the nipples on the bottom of each carburetor and what line goes to the nipple on top of the left carburetor...as well as what line goes to the nipple sticking out the back part of the tank..can anyone show me a diagram of the hoses and where they go or tell me where they go...I'm at a standstill with the build until I get the tank and lines finished as I can't put on the other parts and fairing...

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
The nipple on the top left carb has a vacuum line 3/16" diameter that goes to the smaller nipple on the petcock (the one running vertical). That same nipple on the top right carb has a vacuum line going to the PAIR system, or needs to be capped off if the Pair system has been removed. The larger nipple on the petcock (the one running horizontal) has a fuel line 1/4" - 5/16" that connects to the lower rear fuel rail that runs between the carbs. The similar looking nipple on the upper front rail running between the carbs has a vent hose connected to it (other end of hose connects to nothing), that line can be eliminated all together just do not cap off the nipple. Nipple at the back of the tank has a hose for draining water (other end of hose connects to nothing).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tyguy8 Got it from here, its a screen capture from the Kindle book. I think its a great manual, I have the Kawasaki Supplemental, Clymer and Haynes. And its a good reference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts