Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, let me say that i am more impressed with the delivery time of these bags than i am with the bags themselves. I bought them last night at 545pm and came to my house at 12:30 this afternoon. Holy CRAP that's fast. If this is the level of service i can expect from DennisKirk.com you can assured i will continue to business this way in the future. They even included a return shipping LABEL in case i need to return it post haste! Big thumbs up to DennisKirk.com, i highly recommend them for ANYTHING you might need for your EX500. Just wow, blown away.

Now for the bags. One word comes to mind, words like huge, Gargantuan, Expansive, big, and simple. These are big. Easily a week's worth of clothes will fit in these two bags and maybe some room left over. They don't expand, but that's ok. If you need these bags to expand, maybe you should take the car instead... I can definitely understand why they call them touring bags. ok, enough about how large they are... sheesh.

Model ID: SB900-BLK

Front

Outside Face

Internal Compartment

Rain Fly

I haven't fit these on the bike yet, but hopefully i can get out to the farm and have at it. I'd really like to see how well these behave when loaded up and during travel. As some of you know, come July 16th, i will have a very very long trip ahead of me and these will help get me there.

More to come. Stay bookmarked...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Will they fit a helmet?

I got Nelson Rigg AX-1 raingear and boy does it do a good job at keeping me dry here in the soggy Pacific Northwest. How much did you pay for the bags?

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a.lee.hagen said:
Will they fit a helmet?

I got Nelson Rigg AX-1 raingear and boy does it do a good job at keeping me dry here in the soggy Pacific Northwest. How much did you pay for the bags?
it'll bludge a little, but there will be enough space for other things as well. it's just not wide enough fo it, but it is crtainly deep and long enough for one.

·
Registered
308 Posts
if youve got some more scratch laying about you should also get the NR tail pack. the thing is ginormous! just to try it out i packed a weeks worth of clothes as well as some boots and tennis shoes. it all fit.

i got that and the mini tank bag. if i ever need more room ill be going with their saddlebags. very please with NR stuff

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Is the rain fly attached and just stored in a pouch?

Those look great, I'd say you should be set to haul a lot of gear when the time comes.

Or if you and a friend want to go bowling you can haul the bowling balls :p.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've got the Nelson Rigg standard saddle bags and tail pack. They are designed to work very well together, and they do.
I'm only running with the saddle bags right now so I can have a place to store some of my morning riding layers when I return home in the late afternoon. I really enjoy mine, and they look pretty good.

·
Registered
244 Posts
According to newenough it's supposed to fit in the tail bag:

http://www.newenoughhp.com/luggage/tail_bags/nelson_rigg/cl_150_expandable_sport_tail_pack.html

Are these the side bags you got?

http://www.newenoughhp.com/luggage/saddlebags/nelson_rigg/cl950_deluxe_motorcycle_saddlebags.html

I'm thinking about getting this exact combo - so an update on how well the side bags fit would be appreciated. :)

--

On second thought, it looks like the saddles are actually this:

http://www.newenoughhp.com/luggage/saddlebags/nelson_rigg/cl850_motorcycle_touring_saddlebags.html

·
Registered
722 Posts
2001ex500: excuse me I suffer from foot in mouth disease sometimes.

Knight: it's even the color scheme I wanted mine to be :(

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jason said:
2001ex500: excuse me I suffer from foot in mouth disease sometimes.

Knight: it's even the color scheme I wanted mine to be :(
I love my bike. i'd be a liar if i said otherwise ;D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts