Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Tarting the Guzzis up as Italian Harleys is a profanity. No, this is not an MGS-01. It is essentially a body kit on a V10 Centauro. Tell me that it would not have sold!

That looks pretty damned tasty. It would fool almost anyone who wasn't a serious Guzzi-ista into thinking it was an MGS01. That doesn't look like a Ghezzi and Brian production though.....who makes that one? ....sean

Reactions: po18guy

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
There was a 2004 V11 Cafe Sport for sale in Texas with full Ohlins for $4150 OBO. It's gone, as it was about 2K below market. Just don't look for a cheap Coppa Italia.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
That looks pretty damned tasty. It would fool almost anyone who wasn't a serious Guzzi-ista into thinking it was an MGS01. That doesn't look like a Ghezzi and Brian production though.....who makes that one? ....sean
It might be a ripped mold taken from the MGS-01 bodywork. It is pictured at Mistral, which is basically across the street from Guzzi. Mistral is the Guzzi exhaust maker, having an "in" with the factory. They fabbed up the one-off underseat pipe. That would be a killer body kit. I like Ghezzi & Brian, but I love the MGS-01 just as it is. Kevin Cameron, tech writer for Cycle > Cycle World, called the MGS-01 "impossibly beautiful"

Sorry for the derail, but this is the "Other Motorcycle" forum. :wink2:

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That would be a killer body kit. I like Ghezzi & Brian, but I love the MGS-01 just as it is. Kevin Cameron, tech writer for Cycle > Cycle World, called the MGS-01 "impossibly beautiful"
I was fortunate to be able to see the MGS01 in person, and even sit on the thing. I can't offer a perspective though, as it felt much like my Aprilia where the seating position is concerned.

Ghezzi and Brian is a very cool boutique Guzzi customizing house. Their stuff is within reach of many of us with a modicum of discretionary income. In other words, one does not have to be wealthy in order to buy into their parts catalog.

I really want to find myself a low mileage Sport 1100i from the later end of the run. I'm not a fan of anything MotoGuzzi in the 1200 era save for the MGS01. If I were to fail to find the exact Sport 1100i that I want, my plan is to go Ghezzi and Brian.

I like the Daytona quite a lot, but finding one of those I can actually afford is pretty much up there with a Ducati Superlight.

Sorry for the derail, but this is the "Other Motorcycle" forum. :wink2:
No worries. I posted to generate discussion. Doesn't matter where that discussion leads......sean

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
On the Guzzi v11 forum, a fellow in Oz has just re-built and de-bugged a 4-valve Daytona/Centauro motor and is stuffing it into a "greenie" V11 short frame model. He's left the bottom end alone, but fixed all of the OEM glitches in the high-cam, 4-valve heads and valve train. Now, to get it all to fit. Fortunately (or, because they couldn't think of anywhere else to put it), the rectifier is atop the oil cooler, on the front sub-frame. They seem to be far less trouble than the over-heating EX units.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
https://raresportbikesforsale.com/featured-listing-2004-moto-guzzi-mgs-01-corsa/

1225cc of Italian Thunder, one of a kind for sure. Bike comes with rear stand, a garage cover and a spare set of race bodywork. 2004 Moto Guzzi MGS-01 Corsa – under 5 miles – ZGULRRA004M10045 – $55,000.00

Moto Guzzi still had the kind of legendary cachet to make a splash on the world’s stage. Employing well-known design and speed merchants Ghezzi & Brian with a miniscule 9-month commission, the MGS-01 (Moto Guzzi Sport – model number one) Corsa (race only) made its debut at the Intermot show in Munich, Germany in 2002. The result stunned the press and the public,
The date of this posting on the Rare Sport Bikes For Sale site is from January of this year. Whether or not it is still up for sale is questionable but seriously, there aren't many motorcyclists with $55K in their pockets to drop on this thing. Check it out through the link above.....sean

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
They finally came to their senses.

Dropped it to 50K.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
They finally came to their senses.

Dropped it to 50K.
:grin2: yeah, that's a sensible thing to do!! LoL...I guess that means they still have it then. On another note, one of my all time favorite Guzzi "customs" is the Magni Guzzi Australia:

https://raresportbikesforsale.com/featured-listing-1998-magni-australia/

Arturo Magni started up his own company after he left MV Agusta when Count Agusta shut the race team down.

Arturo Magni prepared Count Agusta’s racing motorcycles ( for the likes of Surtees, Hailwood, and Agostini ) until the company quit racing in the mid-seventies, then he and his sons formed their own company. Magni sampled different powerplants until 1985 when a lasting relationship with Moto Guzzi was formed.
The Australia was made as a tribute to the official Australian Guzzi importer, Ted Stolarski who also ran a Guzzi race team. With a Magni Guzzi powered by the Guzzi Daytona engine, Stolarski's rider Owen Coles won the Australian BOTT (Battle of the Twins) championship in 1992. The Australia was released in 1993.

The following quote is from an ad on the same site that was posted in 2012:
I came up empty on any solid numbers for a price of a Magni Australia. The guess of $20,000 to $25,000 was popular tough. Can any RSBFS readers give some insight here? As of this writing the bike had hit $12,000 and the reserve had yet to be met.
The 1998 model I started this post with is the rarest of the Magni Guzzi Australias as there were but 50 made for 1998. $30-$35K is more likely the starting point for one of these.....though $50K is not out of the realm of possibility..........sean

Reactions: po18guy

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Ahhhh.... to be Jay Leno....

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well, they are put of print now, but at least one guy converted his V11 to a faux MGS-01.
Not sure what you mean by that.....is there a site where you found that image...maybe an article to go along with it???........sean

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Not sure what you mean by that.....is there a site where you found that image...maybe an article to go along with it???........sean
Sorry for the late response, Been preoccupied with Guzzi stuff as of late. Both the V11 and the MGS-01 body kit are history. HTmoto in Germany made bodywork for various Italian bikes. The Guzzi V11 was one of them, and the lovely MGS-01 was the perfect model to emulate. That pic is from instagram, and is one of the kits fitted to a pedestrian V11. However, the owner of HTmoto apparently retired and it appears that tooling has been sold to Seby-Poly, also in Germany. If any of it is still in production, who knows? They do have a ton of bodywork for Ducs - both OEM style and many factory racebike/cafe designs. Might want to download their pdf catalog.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
No biggie.....I'd forgotten about this thread to be honest. I've been busy like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest since New Years Eve. Today was the first day this month that I wasn't bustin my hump right to the end of my duty day. No joke.....felt like January was 6 weeks long to me. It's been completely insane at work. So much so, I started napping when I get home or I'm so exhausted by 8:00 I can't do anything save go to bed....sean

21 - 33 of 33 Posts