Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I got my bike today. I took EVERYTHING off, and was trying to figure out how i'm going to customize it, when I tried to roll it with it in first and the clutch in. it wouldn't go anywhere. rolls in neutral, but in gear with clutch pulled, nothing. I've heard of dirt bikes doing this typically, but i've had a street bike before and it doesn't have this problem. something i should be concerned about, or it this normal in a ex?

other than that, i'm gonna be getting rid of a lot of parts, so if there's something you need, let me know. pictures up tomorrow night.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
It's normal for the clutch to stick if it sits for awhile.

There's a for sale section on this forum, oyu have more chances of selling your stuff over there ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the parts for sale was a general item, and not a topic header. i will be sure to post something in the classifieds a little later when i have pictures and some time.

how do i get it to unstick? get it running?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
exstreetfighter said:
how do i get it to unstick? get it running?
Exactly, do it in neutral, on the centerstand :)

Or you can wiggle the bike back and forth but it may take awhile ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
AFAIK It's the wet plates sticking inside the transmission. When the bike sits for any extended period the plates dry out slightly making them stick together.

Just about every time I go out to the bike it won't roll in gear with the clutch until I give it a good bump/push.
If you start it in gear with the clutch pulled in you'll notice that the bike lurches forwards a little bit.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
exstreetfighter said:
anyway to get these plates unsticky without completely taking apart the tranny?
They all do this, this is normal behavior. To get them unstuck, start the engine with the brakes on and the clutch pulled.

Try and see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts