Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well... maybe.

im gonna go to the honda dealer today and check it out. see how much they are asking for it, and what they can do for me. (side note: i HATE when places have a website, but dont list their prices... i mean i realize that you want me to call/come in, but ****... if your prices are good in the first place, ill come in anyway)

honda 919 (aka CB900F aka Hornet)

if i DO end up buying this, im still going to keep my 500 :)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Of all the bikes I have (cruisers , sport bike , sport touring , and touring) the naked bike is the only one I don't have due to the fact I can't find any good deals . Whish ya luck on it , for it is a sweet bike . Your not gonna trade in your 500 ?

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lucky#13 said:
. Your not gonna trade in your 500 ?
nah. they dont want it :) plus, i doubt they'd give me very much for it at all. if they offered over 500, id be surprised. plus its not pretty at all. it caught on fire before i bought it, and as a result, it is cobbled together from other 500 parts.

it runs like a top though. if i end up needing the money, i could sell it, and probably get more than what they would offer me in trade in.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yeah, they sell the 599 over here. I was looking into one of those as well as a few other bikes when I bought my EX.

Good luck on the purchase!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Hum, last time I checked, in Quebec province, Canada. They were not available.. :(

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
went in today. they were asking 5200 for the 919, which IMO is a bit high. gotta see if they will come down off that any. BUT while i was there i spied THIS beauty...

they were asking 5500 for it, which seems about 600 bucks too high... ::)

couldnt take em for a test ride, because it was raining out today... i did sit on the S3 though, and it seemed to fit me fairly well...

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
unworthy you seems to be right

I've just checked, the lowest price for a used one is still too high for my wallet :S

I'll have to stick with my first love.. my 500 ;)

·
Registered
348 Posts
dragknee said:
went in today. they were asking 5200 for the 919, which IMO is a bit high. gotta see if they will come down off that any. BUT while i was there i spied THIS beauty...

they were asking 5500 for it, which seems about 600 bucks too high... ::)

couldnt take em for a test ride, because it was raining out today... i did sit on the S3 though, and it seemed to fit me fairly well...
Gotta say I like that raven on the right. 8)

S

·
0 Posts
I'm looking into replacement bikes now. The SV650 (not sv650s) looks like a good bike. One of my dad's business partners is selling a 2000 Speed Triple for ~$5,000. Really tempting :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts