Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just bought my first bike and so I figured I'd post the info here. I got a brand new 2006 EX500 for $4,299 after taxes and fees it came out to $4,900. Was that a decent price for an '06? ???

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Congrats ! Can we gets picts ?

Which color did you choose ?

How do you like it ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the Kawasaki Green. I will take some pics and upload them as soon as a I can.

·
Registered
301 Posts
That's a great price. Welcome to the site.

Upgrade your tires and brake pads ASAP.

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
I'd say hold off on upgrades until you become more proficiant and upgrade as you see nessesary. the suspension is probably the worst of them all, and could be considered as one of the first of any upgrades you make. otherwise stock is worth more when you move up and trade out.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Knightslugger said:
...otherwise stock is worth more when you move up and trade out.
Do you really think this holds true with the suspension? I fully agree with all the other "upgrades" and mods that may be made, but I would have thought a quality suspension upgrade would at least "pay for itself" in cost (if it's quality parts and intstall) and not set up as a race bike.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I bought my bike in Sep 06 paid $4,500 + $349.00 in taxes, fees and registration.
You got a good deal. I have a red one. True about the upgrades/modifications,
if you are new to bikes there is still the possibility that you will f up and drop or
down the bike, it would suck to scratch some new pipes or anything else like
new mirrors etc...

Enjoy the new toy. Post pics if you can.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Lacessit said:
Knightslugger said:
...otherwise stock is worth more when you move up and trade out.
Do you really think this holds true with the suspension? I fully agree with all the other "upgrades" and mods that may be made, but I would have thought a quality suspension upgrade would at least "pay for itself" in cost (if it's quality parts and intstall) and not set up as a race bike.
One possibility...
The range of potential buyers who have the same taste for mods as you... will be smaller.
Many of the rest of the buyers will be suspicious of how the "modded" bike might've been abused.
Unless of course, they can't tell it was modded. But then when you try to recoup your investment in the mods, you tell them.

Would you wonder about how a car was driven if it was a slammed, tinted, neoned, & hopped-up sport-compact car?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts