Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Lol Y’all are funny!
I was thinking about replacing the mirrors tho. They are pretty useless. Any recommendations? 🙏🏾
popular forum mod is to use mirrors from the ninja 650, which are a couple inches longer than stock for 500s. i bought new non-oem replacement ones from ebay, emgo brand, 50 bucks for two mirrors. prolly can find used ones for cheaper though

500 mirror vs 650 mirror

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
popular forum mod is to use mirrors from the ninja 650, which are a couple inches longer than stock for 500s. i bought new non-oem replacement ones from ebay, emgo brand, 50 bucks for two mirrors. prolly can find used ones for cheaper though

500 mirror vs 650 mirror
Thanks for the photo and the knowledge that the 650 would fit as well. Wow, that's a big difference.

definitely will make this change soon!

Thanks

·
Registered
443 Posts
I like those mirrors too, but you might want to consider bar end mirrors, as well.
The good quality ones give you a pretty good view back, and the removal from
the front fairing changes the dynamic look at the front. Check Google Images.
Cheers!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
question for big mirror advocates, do you by any chance have to get the bike through a narrow gate any time (I do).
if so big sticky out mirrors are a pain. try reversing the stock ones L for R looks strange at first but give a view under your arms instead of your elbows. had mine like that for a while, it works but then I just fitted a rear view camera and ignored the mirrors. just a thought.

·
Administrator
7,040 Posts
I too wouldn't be able to get in my parking space with the 650 mirrors. I have the stock mirrors set to where I can see everything, at least everything 10 feet or further back. Yeah, I see my arms on the inside part of the mirrors, but I can still see everything else on the outside.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My mirror extensions. I suppose if the bolts were adjusted with sensitivity, or washers, they would fold before damaging. Ugly but They work very well
a piece of tube, hacksaw,drill and vice-grips required.
Plant Sculpture Grass Gas Automotive parking light

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
question for big mirror advocates, do you by any chance have to get the bike through a narrow gate any time (I do).
if so big sticky out mirrors are a pain. try reversing the stock ones L for R looks strange at first but give a view under your arms instead of your elbows. had mine like that for a while, it works but then I just fitted a rear view camera and ignored the mirrors. just a thought.
Interesting point. Keeping in mind the bikes profile.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts