Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
I just signed up to get notifications of FOG's replies :) But seriously, I recently resurrected an 08 500 and have become fairly attached to it in my short period of ownership. Looks like a lot of fairly good guys on the forum willing to help out.
Its been a while since I've been a contributing member of a forum but just maybe I might make it into the fold here.
A little about me, I'm old, race motocross and woods ride in the Super senior class (50+), track day and occasionally race a 1st Gen SV or my ZX10. I ride the on the street with a collection of bikes ranging from big BMW tourers, sport tourers (FJR, Concours's RT's) and have a few modern and vintage sport bikes that date back to my first bought new 85 Ninja 9 which is still in the garage under my care,custody and control. Occasionally get out on the cruisers with my vest and bandanna wearing buddies, VTX18, a Vegas and couple other American made 2 wheeled human shaking machines and just overall love my and all motorcycles, old,new, slow, fast, big or small. Well, that's about enough for now. But, before I go, my first question.....Whats the best oil? :devilish:
Welcome! That's a lot of bikes, your garage must be bigger than my house. :)

·
Registered
19,298 Posts
Back to the point . Welcome 97af, your not old I got my race license at 59 retired it at 64 today I'm 82 and still active ,but traded in my VFR for a Mercedes SL 55 AMG. still carve apexes though

FOG

·
Registered
760 Posts
With all due respect, you don't know the whole story, or what we've been dealing with.
This has nothing to do with the op of this thread, and I regret that it played out here.
Got ya! Wasn't aware that it was an issue elsewhere. Just saw the OP's post and I got his "oil" quip! I knew he was joking.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Happy birthday good Sir! Hope Im plugging along at your pace in a another 30 or so years. They say if you don't use it, you lose it:) Thanks for all the knowledge that you unwittingly passed along to me already. You are the real deal Sir and again, thank you.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts