Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

big car and bike guy. i had a '97 for a minute but it was stock and i just flipped it.
well im competing in a Baltimore bike build off with a $1000 budget. i picked up a '93 ex500 that's been upjetted and has a full exhuast. was layed down 14 years ago and been in storage since. only 3300 miles....
I paid $300 for it with title. yeah not bad
cleaned the tank, petcock, new fuel line, battery, carb cleaned... she runs! wont rev past 5500 rpms though? so i decided to make an account to hopefully help me with that and track my $1k build... im leaning towards tracker / enduro

about me -
we have a large garage, a 2 and 4 post lift and just about every tool you can think of. i have a '91 skyline gtr i just did a PT 6266 swap on, it's around 520 whp. i also have an '85 rx7 with a honda s2000 engine in it and im slowly building a 1930 model a tudor sedan rat rod i want to do a 2j with a large single.
plus the current bike line up in my signature.. i do a lot of buying and selling on the side. cars and bikes mostly
anyway, hope to learn a thing or two here about these bikes. they dont seem too difficult. im sure my issue is something pretty simple

Registered
hello,

... wont rev past 5500 rpms though? ...

...they dont seem too difficult. im sure my issue is something pretty simple
  • Clogged Air filter
  • Running on 1 cyl
  • not enough flow /old gas
worth to check

1 - 4 of 4 Posts