Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just thought I would say hi. I bought my fiance' an ex500 today and figured I should join the site as I will be taking care of it for her. So, "Hello". The bike rode pretty good on the way home, its a bit rough but not too bad. I might pop out the plugs and turn out the mixture screws to 2.5 and check the synch. Anyway I hope your all doing well, Ed

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome to the site Edjo69. Hope your finace enjoys the EX. I am sure you will enjoy wrenching on it. What kind of bike do you have?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an FZ1 and a DR650SM. We initially bought her the 250 but it was really not running well, it kept on stalling on me driving it home and I couldn't get it to warm up this morning. I called a good friend in Denver who is a mechanic and he said it is really tough to get the 250 to run good up her at elevation. So back to the dealer I went and they had no problem swapping it for the 500. It rides so much better than the 250. She will be very happy when she gets home from work tonight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
edjo69 said:
I have an FZ1 and a DR650SM. We initially bought her the 250 but it was really not running well, it kept on stalling on me driving it home and I couldn't get it to warm up this morning. I called a good friend in Denver who is a mechanic and he said it is really tough to get the 250 to run good up her at elevation. So back to the dealer I went and they had no problem swapping it for the 500. It rides so much better than the 250. She will be very happy when she gets home from work tonight.
I'm glad to know that I bought the right one then. I'm in Michigan right now and just got my 500 but I will be moving back to Colorado in two years and I would have hated to get there only to find out that my bike didn't run anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts