Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for letting me join.
I am 68 years of age and work as a trainer in the pipeline industry.
I am from the Niagara Region in Ontario Canada.

I just bought a 1987 EX500 as a restoration project.
It has been sitting in a corner in a garage for 20 years so it definitely needs some love.
When I start another project it is fun and helpful to find a forum for information and the pleasure of following what like minded people are busy with.
I have just finished a 71 CD175 so this bike caught my attention as something new and different to work on.
I have completed a 76 KZ900 and 1976 GL1000 which are my current riders.
Past projects - 1973 RT360 Yamaha Enduro. I still own this and hope to sell this and the CD175 to feed my hobby.
Past and sold are 1975 XS 650 Yamaha
1974 CB750
1986 Yamaha 1100 Virago
2001 ZX12R Ninja
I have been reading on this forum and am appreciative of the time and effort put into this. Great resource.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

This is how this little bike sat and languished for twenty years.
I am waiting for a key and am curious about the inside of the tank and carbs cause it was stored with gas and the petcock turned on.
There are only 20000 kilometers (12000 or so miles in English:))
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

This is after a quick bath.
Will post progress and ask questions.
I hope to start a project thread.

Casey

·
Fast Old Guy
19,897 Posts
nice to see a un butcherd gen 1 complete with all the bits . please keep it as such. careful with removing the fairings as the buttons snap off easily
FOG

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice to see a un butcherd gen 1 complete with all the bits . please keep it as such. careful with removing the fairings as the buttons snap off easily
FOG
That is exactly what i like to do.
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle

A picture of the little Honda I just finished.

The last picture hides a lot of the nicks scratches and broken bits that need addressing.
First thing is to get the mechanical sorted.
I bought a parts bike also so at the end of this i will have a lot of left over parts

Casey

·
Administrator
15,841 Posts
I owned a CD175 back in '72? Reliable little thing. Prior to that a '65 CB160 (a great runner bought for just $30) ......sold me on Honda reliability.

·
Administrator
15,841 Posts
actually refurbed a set of Gold Wing carbs last summer for fellow member @ghostt

Product Gas Automotive exterior Automotive super charger part Auto part

1 - 8 of 8 Posts