Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I picked up a green '06 ex500, and it needs some work, as I picked it up from an insurance auction. It does not have keys, but it is in decent shape. Recommendations on getting the keys redone vs. swapping out the locks? I need a left mirror, and I also need to replace the upper cowl(which was cutoff for some reason?). I haven't had issues finding a mirror, but it seems like the upper cowls are very difficult to find (part #55052-5252-777).

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
if it came from an insurance auction chances are it stolen and recovered (hence no keys) could be the locks have been damaged but you may be lucky.
if so you can find the key code by removing one of the helmet locks the number is on the lock. or if it's damaged you can buy replacements but be careful which one you buy as 99.9% of aftermarket locks are for the gen1 and don't work on the gen 2 without modification (there is a thread on this in the "how to" section) otherwise look for a used lock set on E-bay but make sure it for the gen 2 (94 on).
the front fairing is more difficult there are aftermarket ones and repairable ones out there. (could try asking in the for sale section) you might get lucky. any spares you buy for this bike must be suitable for the gen 2 model. good luck.

• Love
Reactions: FlipFlop
1 - 3 of 3 Posts