Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my '97 EX500 for $900 with 32K miles last week and am more than happy to say that the bike is awesome! Should have bought one a long time ago. It is my first bike, although for the past 6-8 months I've been riding around on a 150cc Scooter... Don't laugh! I got killer gas mileage on that thing! I do believe it helped a lot with my mechanics and such going from the smaller bike to the real thing. The bike is a little rough around the edges cosmetically but it runs solid and the frame is straight. It needs all the fairings and a headlight (it's got an '87 headlight just sitting in there!) For the fairings I'm planning on getting them from Airtech.com, anybody else have these parts? They are made to order and are supposed to be (from what the website says) made from very good materials. Besides, they're about half the price of an OEM fairing all around... For a front fender, upper fairing, lower fairing, and a one piece tail section it's less than $700! You do have to drill the mounting holes and paint the pieces, they also don't come with the little tabs on the inside to snap onto the frame, but they tell you how to fabricate some. I had to pick up some new tires and a battery.
I live around the Tacoma, WA area and can't wait until the weather gets nicer!

R

·
0 Posts
a.lee.hagen said:
Don't laugh! I got killer gas mileage on that thing!
Welcome to the board! And I won't laugh, I actually want a scooter or really low displacement dual-sport/dirt bike. I want something for booting around town during hte winter, so I don't risk dropping my bike!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I'm about 20-25 minutes or so from Ft. Lewis.

R

·
0 Posts
hollywood said:
Why won't the scooter run the risk of falling?
It may fall, but I won't damage a grand in fairings on my commuter bike. A 200 dollar scooter will leave me laughing when I wreck it, as opposed to crying when I dumb the EX :)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
^^ Wise words :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey, I know it's an old thread, but if you get the fairings (or have already) from Airtech, let me know how they are? How bad they are to prep for paint... thanks! And ride safe. WA can be a bad place for bikes... Seen a number of bikes go down up there. (I'm from the entire Seattle area originally) :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts