Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Around my house we equate the cost of things by airplanes. That is the value of a model airplane (my new hobby is flying radio controlled airplanes) Since these things are constantlly under attack by ruthless trees and Gravity. spending for replacements is always an issue. So to choose what I want to spend my money on I equate that expenditure with the cost of a new airplane. Keeps thing in better prespective.

OK the point is I propose a similar system here using (Muzzys) like those tires are worth a muzzy, or those new grips I want are 1muzzy/1000.

Of course the item of intrest could be anything , but since the Muzzys are always comming up around here , and it just sounds neet.

Man Iwas looking at a new bike but cris sake the want 14.28 muzzies for it.

FOG

Z

·
0 Posts
We did that in college..... sigh...

But everything revolved around the cost of a case of beer. ;D We had great taste back then as well - $10.00 a case was the norm. Had a fun time and still got that engineering degree.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
And just to give me an idea, how much 1 muzzy could be in $ ?

1 muzzy = $500 ?

I've checked and they run between $420 and $650...

So my bike would be valued at 4 Muzzies :D

Or 200 case of beers, good thing I don't drink ;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Wow my whole bike only cost a Muzz.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
The running joke (sort of) in my classes when trying to equate values to things goes like this:

Some student talks about a new video game, whatever.
I ask what it cost.
He says say, $40.
I go, "Whoa, that's some cash! That's like 18 1-lb bags of Peanut M&Ms."

I appreciate the radio control perspective. Had a couple guys from an Omaha area RC group come talk with my Gearheads group (science club). The technology has changed amazingly since my buddies Dad shared RC modeling w/ me in the '60s.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Frog said:

1 muzzy = $500 ?

...or 2000 Jr.Bacon Cheeseburgers.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Frog said:

1 muzzy = $500 ?

I bought my bike for 1/5th of a muzzy more

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Hey FOG, check this one up, you might like the concept ;)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SU-2t927I5g

This guy has a camera on his plane but the cool thing is that he is wearing the display like a big pair of glasses and the camera movement are driven by a giro on his display. Basically, the camera turn where he looks, he says it's a pretty good immersion feeling. Pretty cool to see the guy piloting his plane sitting on his chair in the park and 'looking' around at nothing :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
FOG, when's your birthday? I think I may know what to get ya... here's a hint: it costs 1 Muzzy! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts