Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ju
6AB14201-7233-409F-88D5-A550C8C92774.jpeg

Just put this windshield in off Amazon is this gap in the front usual for aftermarket windshields I can’t tighten it anymore either

·
Registered
2009 Ninja EX500r
91 Posts
It has been several years since I had a stock EX500r upper much less a stock windscreen but the Streamline Airtech upper that I received had this same thing going on with the aftermarket double bubble. I thought it was the windscreen at first then I tried installing the headlight and the profile of the upper fairing was flatter than the headlight even. It is disturbing that some things that are proclaimed to be for the ex500r so so poorly made or was it?

Do you have any pics further out to see how it looks as a whole? Mine looks ok but I have so much aftermarket going on I was going to let it slide.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s not bad just that part sits out further I’m ok with it just wondering if there are any better options for tinted shields that fit better

·
Registered
2009 Ninja EX500r
91 Posts
I know there used to be, at least back in the early 2000's when these bikes were still being manufactured. Now all i see is NOS that is really good quality. Mayhaps someone has seen Japanese made stuff. All I see is chinese copies of stuffs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya mine needed to be like 3/8” wider I had to stretch it to get it to fit cheap Chinese crap

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
there are 2 things you have to remember or accept. aftermarket stuff is aftermarket this means it cannot be made to OEM standards. that would infringe on copyright of the original part. so there made similar or lookalike but all have differences. in spec and quality. some are good some not so. but all are different from the original in some way this can cause issues if the part is made to work in conjunction with stock items.
which leads to the second point really cheap stuff is made in China most of the time and most of it is a copy of a copy and bears little resemblance to a stock part. these are more difficult to fit and never look right in the end.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Zero Gravity is still selling windshields for the ex-500. A bit pricey ($94) but they've always been top quality.

·
Super Moderator
6,421 Posts
I have a little bit of a gap there with my original factory wind screen.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
MRA in Germany makes really good stuff. Sold in the US here and there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts