Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
KAWASAKI Ninja 250, 2007, 17k
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone!
New to bikes...well as a Rider anyhow. New owner of a 2007 ninja 250. Trying to get it up & running on my own. I've never worked on bikes before this one (the last few days), but have done a lot of research & learn pretty quick. I never don't try to get something done on my own, before asking someone else to do it...so I'd really like to be able to get this done (with guidance of course).
Bike has sat for 7 years...pretty basic tasks already preformed on it that needs to be for a bike that has sat that long. Oil change, New battery, New plugs/wires, Cleaned gas tank, New gas, Air filter, Cleaned carbs. Still won't start & is still leaking gas out of carb overflow tube. So I'm here looking for guidance & advice. I've read a lot on here already & have already followed a lot of advice tips given to other for same issue-So Thanks for putting that info out there everyone, much appreciated!
If you have experience with this issue-i would appreciate & accept any & all advice you may have for me!
Thanks guys & I look forward to this journey...I really Love to Ride & can't wait to get out there on my own :)

·
Super Moderator
6,957 Posts

Reactions: NinjaChik90

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
hi, hello and welcome. you say you have a ninja 250. and while most of the guys have or have had the 500 some in particular have also had the 250 so you you should be fine. obviously there will be some differences. and a photo or two of the bike may help establish which bike you have. many jobs are not model specific so there should be no issues on general enquiries but you should also check out the Ninjette forum for specific 250 items.

now that's out of the way. fuel running out of the overflow is a classic issue on CVK carbs caused by either a stuck float valve or the fuel bowl levels are much too high. I good idea would be to do a wet test on the carbs to establish which one or both carbs have the issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts