Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to throw out the idea of a get together as things start calming down and opening up, maybe seacoast or maybe mountain area should be a fun little ride. anyone interested in or around NH, Maine, VT, MA.... hell anyone who wants to travel as well !

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
That would be pretty awesome. I'd like to jump on this, but it will depend on the day. I'm working full time and doing school online. My schedule is kind of crap to work with. Good idea!

·
Premium Member
3,729 Posts
What kind of get together do you have in mind? My schedule keeps me on a pretty tight leash these days but I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m very open, I was just thinking would be great to meet some people from here, maybe grab a bite to eat and take a leisurely ride somewhere and enjoy the day. I’d love to see what others have done with their bikes .

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I agree, though you'll be disappointed in my bike. I haven't really done anything cosmetically different to it. It is pretty much all ride comfort. I will be adding the fork drain bolts and fill bolts this week though. I'm excited about that.

There are a few other EX's up here in Portland, but I'm not sure the owners are registered on this site. I have no doubt they have to have browsed it at least a couple of times.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm always down for a Kanc run, but I have a feeling it's gonna be even busier than normal up there for a while as everything opens back up...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm up in Portland every now and again, haven't been up there in the bike yet (not sure my butt can take 2 hours straight, but maybe I'll make a weekend of it and make several stops on the way.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Sorry guys, I was on vacation. Went up to the Allagash Wilderness Waterway for the week. I think a Kanc run would be fun, but agree it may get a little crazy with things moving back to normal. I haven't found any great riding roads here in Portland yet. When I lived in Bangor (and road a Harley) we had some great roads. Still hoping to find something around here.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm hoping to have my bike back on the road by next week, just waiting in some parts.

Got the front headlight and indicators on along with new mirrors, now just to get the rear indicators, speedo, and tail tidy on and I should be legal.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I get it, deferring my maintenance until spring made it hard to work on the bike while the nice riding weather was around. My solution was to send my carbs to Duc and then I couldn't ride. It was nice to get it back on the road, but I need to get it inspected still.

Just found my front brake switch was destroyed sometime in the last week with no trauma. Waiting on a switch now.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I was quite impressed when I got them back. Quite phenomenal. Yeah, I ordered one around noon today from ebay, be here by Friday.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah ok, I have a spare if you get into a jam.

I'm swapping my mater cylinder over to a R1 that happens to use the same brake switch.

Well then again I shouldn't assume you meant front brake....

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
It's front and I appreciate it. Only caught it doing my pre ride before coming to work. Probably would have been a lot longer if I hadn't done one.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
So folks, I have a little time this evening. I may venture over and do a Kanc run. I would be leaving Portland around 3:30p or 4:00p depending when I wake up. Crappy shift setup this week with one night off between shifts so I have to sleep like I work tonight. Just in case anyone wants to meet up. I'll check in again when I wake up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts