Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just bought a 2009 Kawasaki ninja 500r with only 8k miles on it layed down once by previous owner bike ran rode and even shifted so nice but just today i rode towards some high winds and i started to loose throttle response, so i pulled into the clutch and my bike lost all engin power i pulled overchecked for leaks line pressure gas all the basics and so.e extras as i could on the side of the road with no tools, after a whick inspection and notice nothing serious or bad i try to startthe engine and it just turns and turns and turns but i put the choke on and it fires right up but when i give it some throttle ut immediately dies idk whats wrong with it someone please help me

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
sounds like a fuel issue. may have blocked pilot jets. would account for only starting on the fuel enricher (choke).
there is a long shot worth trying though as wind seemed to have played a part. pull off the carb vent pipe (the highest one attached to the plastic rail and leave it off just point the outlet downwards there have been issues with wind blowing up this pipe and disrupting the carb levels. like I said a long shot but costs nothing to try.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Do you know anything about mechanics? Do you have a father or friend who does?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts