Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright, so i adjusted the valves on my 2004 ex which sounds soooo much better now. However, i let some coolant go into the spark plug holes. I ran the bike for a little bit (5 mins) then changed the oil. Well i hadnt noticed the bike smoking and hadnt really thought the coolant was still in there. Well i've run it for a about 30 mins now. The little bit of coolant has burned off but theres a light film of white in the oil. The oil looks fine besides that. Theres just the film. Think that the coolant just blew by into the oil? If i change the oil you guys think it will be ok or do you think i totally screwed up? THANKS!

G

·
i would just change the oil again to be safe. coolant in oil is very bad!! its kills bearings among other things.

did you change the filter too? thats why you still have a film in there, if you didnt change it out that is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man!
I was freaking out a little bit. I just couldnt believe that a signifigant amount of coolant had got into the oil from sitting in the combustion chaber(albeit overnight). I changes the oil again and the film is gone. I'll change it again after the next time i ride it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts