Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone in the NorthEast has to contend with WiNteRRRRRR. Have you got your bike out yet ?
I took mine out of winter storage a week ago then it snowed this week ! Brrrrr.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Had it out a few days last week.. managed to put about 1k miles on her; but I had to put her back in the garage after the temp dropped so much.. I'm not against riding in rain or cold, but the threat of ice keeps me off the road. It has given me a chance to start a wiring project and wash her again though.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I was riding in the beginning of march... but the weather has been crappy lately, so I've switched my focus from the "pleasure-seeking" to the "getting-intimate" mode. (wash, maintenance work, etc.)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm still waiting to paint my panals, probably do it next week. My brothers a [email protected], he's had his drz out at least one day out of every month during the winter. He rode up to my house(10 miles or so) about 2 months ago,with about 2 inchs of snow on the road,crazy @$$ anyway.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Road on snowy roads today. 2 weeks ago that road was cleaned by the rain of sand and salt, it was great. Today was an experience. Nobody else was out there. This bike requires a gentle hand on snow. What a mess trying to clean up. Coated with ice, slush and sand. Actually I think I kinda liked it. Went real slow and was real gentle with the throttle. I was real happy to get back on some dry roads though. Too much snow tonight. It's OK to play on the weekend like that but I won't mess with that for commuting. Got to ride to work last Monday and Tuesday ;D This never happened before I got my Gerbing gloves, I love 'em :-*

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah warm weather. It got over 50 degrees today, so I rode to work !

Oh yeah, the motorcycle parking lot isn't open at work so I parked in a handicap spot, so I could see the bike from the windows. I don't want her to get stolen or anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts