Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody riding in this, I've seen some guys during the day but at night everything ices up, can't wait for the temperature to rise...

C

·
0 Posts
Re: Re: NYC riders, are you out there...

I forsee problems in your bikes future.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Perhaps, cole xD

Tony, is that a gps mount? I'm looking at getting a gps but I don't know where I am able to mount it..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aside from the fork seals needing replacing, she takes the elements like a champ :) really good bike, starts up all the time. I would love to get a cover but i haven't found any that will accommodate the trunk.

The gps mount I'm using is by ram its called an x-grip, i mount my motorola razr on there and it firmly holds it through anything, can't recommend it enough.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To mount it to the bike (where space is limited on the ex-500) i used this;

with the u-bolts being used to secure it around the actual handlebar, and the x-grip to hold the gps or phone.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lastly, since you can never be too safe in NYC, i got this to deter the passerby or occasional homeless crazy person from making off with the setup;

Unless you have the key, the knob just spins and spins.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Should I just ebay "motorcycle gps mount" and search for that or do you have a seller name? :D

Found one, but I don't think it comes with directions..any chance you could snap a pic of your setup so I could mimic it? I'm trying to get my bike prepped and ready for my upcoming St. Louis trip next month :)

·
Banned
11,553 Posts
tony2001 said:
Aside from the fork seals needing replacing, she takes the elements like a champ :) really good bike, starts up all the time. I would love to get a cover but i haven't found any that will accommodate the trunk.
Not to bust your balls but...... If you keep leaving it out in weather like that you're not going to continue to have a good bike. You're going to have a 400lb paperweight with storage space.

A

·
0 Posts
One_Evil_Monkey said:
tony2001 said:
Not to bust your balls but...... If you keep leaving it out in weather like that you're not going to continue to have a good bike. You're going to have a 400lb paperweight with storage space.
Umn... why? Not being snippy here just please more of what your seeing it looks like mine does most of the time...

·
Banned
11,553 Posts
Aphrodite said:
One_Evil_Monkey said:
tony2001 said:
Umn... why? Not being snippy here just please more of what your seeing it looks like mine does most of the time...
It promotes rust.
It lets water sit and collect, mucking up electrical connections.
Harsh on the paint work, the seat vinyl, tires....

A

·
0 Posts
One_Evil_Monkey said:
Aphrodite said:
One_Evil_Monkey said:
tony2001 said:
It promotes rust.
True just means requires more maintenance but the next to a main street in that ice is what I was looking at. Meh. Mine will live till I kill it, until weather it be in.

·
Banned
11,553 Posts
Aphrodite said:
One_Evil_Monkey said:
Aphrodite said:
One_Evil_Monkey said:
tony2001 said:
It promotes rust.
True just means requires more maintenance but the next to a main street in that ice is what I was looking at. Meh. Mine will live till I kill it, until weather it be in.
That too... good way to get it run over.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Re: Re: NYC riders, are you out there...

I've been riding during this winter. Only when it's 40 and above though. Yesterday I took a 15 minute ride though when it was 31. I just couldn't help myself! Always looking for a local member, still need to get my road test done.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App[/color]

·
Registered
119 Posts
Further on the GPS mount. I use the ram x mount also. I mounted it though using a ball mount that screws directly into the handlebar riser and replaces one of the risers hex bolts. Found at GPScity.com. Highly recommend.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'll be riding if I can get my headlight secured. Fixed a bunch of crap this winter because of morons that don't know how to park their car. Finally had enough of it getting hit while parked and am paying for a parking space for it.

Whatever, I'm fixing this **** one way or another and riding >:[

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SonicD007 said:
I'll be riding if I can get my headlight secured. Fixed a bunch of crap this winter because of morons that don't know how to park their car. Finally had enough of it getting hit while parked and am paying for a parking space for it.

Whatever, I'm fixing this **** one way or another and riding >:[
I feel your pain...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just some scratches; drivers in zoo york will do anything for parking. I feel their pain too (though it still doesn't justify destruction of someone else's property), especially when i see a parking spot that i can't fit in because a motorcycle is parked practically sideways.

Its the a$$hole that has all the room in the world, and still knocks your bike over that i hate...

Thank God the weathers getting better albeit slowly :) Gotta go to speedy to have my fork seals replaced, hopefully they won't be busy and my bike will be kept hostage for 3 weeks.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts