Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Unfortunately, this may not have the savings effect that the LRRS officials cited as a secondary concern for us EX racers at Loudon. I generally get the cheap stuff on the way to the track. Imagine being protested and disqualified for using the wrong 87 at the track?

Seriously, I know its made some people unhappy, but I think that LRRS ought to be applauded for taking the lead. If one doesn't want to consider their own health, think about those who cornerwork, work the grid, support us racers (friends and families), and do the things that enable you to race on weekends. Is it worth putting them at risk? I never have used anything but pump gas, and I'm still working on getting the most out of that, so my opinion may be skewed. Does anyone else use the race fuel that has been banned?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was, and am considering using VP's U4 this season. Low octane, and oxygenated. Suppose to increase power by 5%.
We'll see how the money works out.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
hahahaha, i used to run a 116 octane leaded race fuel in my Superbike EX, how's that for healthy?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts