Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got one of those lockable helmet bags recently and figured it was small enough to store in the under-seat compartment. It just hardly fit, so I figured there was no way it would slip down through the narrow passage in front of the rear wheel. Alas, I checked after a ride and poof, the bag was gone. What a stupid mistake. Anyone else had this happen?

·
Moderating: Fair & Just
7,393 Posts
Originally the bike came with a rubber strap, to strap down the tool kit back there.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
yes and no, not with a bag but the bikes tool kit ^^^^ on UK bikes the tools are held onto the underside of the seat with velco strips, because I carry a few extra tools it was too bulky to fit where it should so I fastened it to the rear fender (up near the rear light) it fit nice there. but next time I lifted the seat no tools they had gone.

·
Moderating: Fair & Just
7,393 Posts
The Velcro strips under the seat is for a bag that holds the owners manual, and registration. Tool kit strapped in further back towards the tail lights.

Really not a whole lot of room back there though.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
The Velcro strips under the seat is for a bag that holds the owners manual, and registration. Tool kit strapped in further back towards the tail lights.

Really not a whole lot of room back there though.
yeah I see. no manual in the bag just a few tools presumed that was stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts