Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
im in columbus. :) once it gets nicer, come down and we can go riding in hocking hills, wayne natl forest, etc.

SE ohio in general has some pretty bad ass roads.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm in Findlay, Oh. which is about 25 miles South of Bowling Green, and maybe 100 North of Columbus. Been riding about 1 1/2 years, Ninja 500 is my first bike, and I usually do not get on heavily traveled roads, as I've learned that the cars/trucks have a difficult time seeing cyclists. Having said that, I have a county road map guide of Ohio and can get most anywhere in this state on back roads, so when you two want to ride? ;)

·
Registered
375 Posts
The second link you provided is very helpful, Dragknee. Most of those roads are more toward your neck of the woods, but I have been on parts of 235 toward and South of McComb. What do you know about the backroads over toward Bellefontaine, as that is not too far from Findlay, and it looks interesting on a map? I have also been over toward Massilon( Mohican State Park ) and Hocking Hills via car, so I know those roads would be great on a cycle.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
i havent been to mohican in years. used to go canoeing there. not too familiar with the bellefontaine area, but would be more than willing to go check it out.

my parents live near hocking hills, so i usually am down there once a week if not more when the weather is nice :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hey guys, I was going to add a "me too". I'm in Columbus, too. I second Ninjamon, I'm do the heavily traffic roads around here, but I hate it-- I'm a big-fat sissy. I've been riding for quite a while and I have yet to be on the interstate, and I don't really plan on it either.
I can't imagine taking 33 down to Hocking Hills, but I know a ton of people who have done it and absolutely love it.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
there are other ways to hocking hills. if i have time, ill take the country roads the whole way there.

sometimes im on a schedule though, and take 33. its not really that bad at all. i mean ****, if you do 60 on a country road, then you can do 60 on the highway. same difference :)

whereabouts do you live in columbus? we should get together and ride sometime :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm in the Grandview/Upper Arlington area.
Yeah, I know, what you say is true... I've just got a mental block on that kinda riding right now. I figured I was going to give 315 a try during an off-hours period of the day now that I've got something that can tame it a tad easier. That'll help with the fears.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
i live in german village, right south of downtown. once it gets a bit warmer, we should meet up somewhere and take a little cruise around town or whatever.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sure thing. I know it's cold but I haven't stopped riding--I commute and the trip isn't far. I'm definitely looking forward to the warm temperatures that we had at the beginning of last week.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm from the Wooster Area close to SR-30 let me know if your ever this way. I know a few good roads in the area!

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
fidopunk said:
Sure thing. I know it's cold but I haven't stopped riding--I commute and the trip isn't far. I'm definitely looking forward to the warm temperatures that we had at the beginning of last week.

do you ride to class at OSU? i think i saw a red EX up there last tuesday or whenever it was that it was nice out. parked over by the SEL?

i usually park there or over by the stadium. look for the POS ex500, with a dented tank and no side covers :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yes and no. I don't park on 18th out in front of the SEL, I park on 19th behind Celeste Labs. From what I heard, there's another red Ninja identical to mine floating around; you can always spot whatever I'm driving because of the WV license plate.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
yeah i had to park over there tuesday because the other spots were packed. ill have to keep an eye out for ya :)

there is an, i think CBR, with alaska plates. thats quite a hike. i wonder if he drove it down :)

where are you from in WV?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yeah, I'm from WV. You can check out my abbreviated life story in the introduction section.
I'll keep an eye out for you, too.
My bike's normally there from about 8am to around 5 or 6.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts