Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a bad day today. The bike was idling in the centerstand, and it tipped over. Ground was lumpy I think. I heard it go and ran over and shut it off in a few seconds. Minor cometic damage.. But when I went to start it again, the oil light stayed on. I checked the level to make sure and it is ok. I figured it might have got a little air in the oil system when it was on it's side. I tried it a few minutes later and the light still stayed on. I'm away from home for the weekend and don't have any manuals. Any suggestions? Can I prime the oil pump somehow?

I'm also having a little electrical issue too.. It starts OK the first time but I shut it down b/c the oil light. When I tried to start again I just got the starter solenoid and it wouldn't crank. 12.4 with the switch off, drops to 11.5 when I try to start. The water was low so I topped it off. May be time for a new battery, we'll see.

Thought and suggestions welcome!

Thanks!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It might have helped. I usually use the centerstand, and it actually went over to the left where the arm is on the centerstand(which I didn't think would ever happen). I've raised my rear with dogbones so neither stand works as well as it should without a block of wood. I was in a hurry, and didn't have a block handy. I've intended to fix them by welding little feet to the bottom, but have been too busy(and riding a lot ;)). All my fault, just hate to see it happen. Minor damage at least.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts