Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
‘07 EX500
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Long time lurker, recent member. I bought my ’07 EX500 used for $1,800 in 2015 before having ever even sat on a motorcycle. Knew I’d grow out of a 300 too quickly, but couldn’t trust myself on a 600+ cc rocket. Turns out this bike was perfect to learn on, and can still thrill me after 6 years!
She was pretty dinged up from the previous owner “dropping her in the garage.” But nothing a few replacement parts couldn’t fix! IMO I got her for a steal.

Front blinker housing smashed - $20
Bent rear brake lever – Pliers + elbow grease
Front and rear cracked/scratched plastic – work in progress……… Epoxy helped but looks terrible

I’ve done all of the maintenance work myself (aside from the first set of new tires), and vaguely remember stumbling on this website several times. But I never ended up sticking around and browsing the site until about a month ago. Now I can’t keep my eyes off the forum lol. I find myself perusing the forum everyday during my lunch break now. Y’all seem like a good bunch of people, so I’m looking forward to keeping up with your struggles, triumphs, and shenanigans. Nothing feels better than fixing your machine yourself 😉.

Today I'm installing new tires by myself for the first time. Wheels are already off (almost dumped the bike TWICE during removal). I don't imagine it'll be too hard, but wish me luck!

·
Super Moderator
6,552 Posts

·
Registered
‘07 EX500
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, well you asked for it!!

Here is pretty much every picture of have of my baby girl. I’m suddenly realizing I enjoy riding her so much that I forget to take pictures along the way...

All of these pictures were taken on the sea coast area of NH, back when I lived there

This last picture is from when I took her home for the first time. She was ridable, but I didn’t have my motorcycle endorsement yet (nor had I ever even sat on a motorcycle before..). If you look reeeaaaally close you can see the right blinker covered in electrical tape and the bent rear brake lever. Somehow all the cracks in the fairings are on the other side.

I hope this looks okay online - I’m sending this from my phone, as that’s where all the pictures are.

·
Registered
339 Posts
"...but I didn’t have my motorcycle endorsement yet (nor had I ever even sat on a motorcycle before..)."

Way to go! Aren't you glad that didn't stop you, cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts