Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Havfe you ever had this probmel?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I bought a 1989ex500 GPZ. an it only ran if the choke was on. but is would run on high rev like it was so-post-to, so I was thinking it might be the carbs, an the old gas, ect. so I cleaned out the carbs the vacuums, an the take. I am going to adjust the valves next week. if this does not work to fix the problem do you know of any other solution?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Do a search and you will find your answer- but quickly- a full carb clean is in order at the very least.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'll go ahead and say what I assume FOG would say... Clean the pilot jets until you can see light through them. It's true, I had the same problem. I'd suggest soaking them in carb cleaner, and then blow them out with a compressor. Just make sure you hold the jet tight, or you'll be looking all over for it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya I fully cleand the carbs, an the gas smelt really bad like it has been sitting for at least 6 month. I am so hopeing this works, after the valves are done being adjested.

Also, I just changed the break pads, an put in a master cylender spring because it was leaking. brake fluded, now it is not leacking fluid, but the fliud will not go done to the pads. so I blew every thing out wiht the air compresser, an it stil will not go down, it is being really had to bleed the breakes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i had the same problem with my brakes, i just loosened the bolt that holds the brake line onto the caliper and pumped until it started leaking, closed it up and bled the brakes from there

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
spider_kyle said:
...Just make sure you hold the jet tight, or you'll be looking all over for it.
This sounds like one of those "School of Hard Knocks" life lessons. ::)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya tell me about it..... :'( My small hole in my master cylinder is all clogged, i tried blowing it out with a air compresser but no luck, So I am letting it sock over night in carb cleaner, hope that might soften it up.

·
Registered
192 Posts
while you are messing with the brakes i would suggest putting on a stainless steel line. it provides increased braking power because there is no brake line expansion under braking pressure like there is with the stock setup... one of the cheapest ways of increasing stopping power

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya I am going to get to that, I put my bike in the shop on Feb 6Th, An I have not rode since so I just want it out so I can ride again. so ya I got my master cylinder to work. I bled the brakes today, an did the valves. All I need to do is the choke cable an the throttle cable, an put on my tank an fairings, an fire the damn thing up. ;)

Man I love the spell check. ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts