Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been riding for a year now and i've only seen one other guy riding an ex-500. it was weird but i thought it was cool. i live in sacramento so the number of bikers i see isnt the problem. is the ratio like that were you guys live ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm in Ottawa and I see probably 1 or 2 EXs a week on the road, but yeah it is cool.

·
Registered
57 Posts
madd-dogg11 said:
i've been riding for a year now and i've only seen one other guy riding an ex-500. it was weird but i thought it was cool. i live in sacramento so the number of bikers i see isnt the problem. is the ratio like that were you guys live ?
LOL, I've seen only one ex500 here as well and it could be you. I'm in Sac as well :D We should meet some day

·
Registered
722 Posts
only seen 2. one outside a gas station, and I didnt know who it belonged to, and another at a shop, it was busted alll to hell from a high side, the owner wasn't there.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I'm in Quebec province.

I didn't saw any other on the streets this year yet. There are maybe 2 or 3 for sale in the province as per what I can see on diverse seller web sites..

Last year there was a big get together with maybe 15 000 to 20 000 motorcycles. I looked for an ex500 or a ninja 500 and I saw maybe 2 on that day.. As many as Honda Rune bikes...

Over here, peoples don't even consider this ride. Everything starts with a 600cc bike for sports bikes.

There's one good side to this though ;) Exclusivity and the looks on peoples faces when they ask me if it's a liter bike once they see me take off and smoke them at the light : '' 1 liter ? No not at all, it's half that..'' ''- Wut ?!'' ;D

R

·
0 Posts
I've seen as many as 3 other EX's in the same day. That was an unusual day, but there are quite a few around here.

Rich

·
Registered
146 Posts
The only one I've ever seen in Anchorage, Alaska is mine. I saw it when I went to buy it from a guy. Haha. Only one i've ever seen for sale up there as well. It seems like everyone goes cruiser or 600+ sportbike. Some Dualsports around but alot of people also only ride MX. There are probably like 4 MX tracks in the city and a dragstrip maybe 20miles out of the city. Other than that nothing.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I see one every once in a while, but it seems like sportbikes in general are the minority here anyway.

·
Registered
21 Posts
been riding for only a year now and ive seen maybe 2-3 different ex500s running around in that time in the orange county portion of socal. actually found out one of them works pretty close to me on the old ex500riders site, but it got hacked before we had a chance to meet up :(

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I see a few every now and then. There's a guy down the street with a black 650R, one guy around town on a 250, a few 500s from time to time (but rarely), and oddly most of the 1st gens I see are bikes with the same stock paint job as my '90. There's one that my wife and a friend have seen around town that is basically a showroom version of my bike in pristine shape.

I was on my Vulcan and saw what I think was my first EN500 (500 cc Vulcan) which was pretty cool. Nice looking little bike.

It seems like everyone has some infatuation with bigger bikes. On pretty much every other forum I've been on, and most people I've talked to, it's always 600cc this or liter bike that. They act like anything less than 600 cc or 100 hp is just going to leave them stranded and won't be any fun no matter what. Their loss I suppose, I like cheap and fun more than expensive and pretty.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Haha ya. It's like everyone is always GSXR600 this or R1 that. It's insane. To think I plan on buying a Nighthawk(250 as far as I know at the moment) back home so I have something to put around on when I'm home on leave. I also plan on buying a 110 when I get back form this deployment. I feel like I'm back asswards...hahaha. Why is it I keep going to smaller and less powerful bikes? For some odd reason I doubt I'll ever get a bike bigger than the ex. Ok maybe one day I'll end up with an sv650 or something but I doubt anything that has more than 2 cyl or 100hp.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I see a few ex500's around, mostly really new ones (under 5000 miles)

Nobody's repping the old school. Me = 55k miles

I've seen some weird ones too, a green 500r covered in "love jesus" stickers. If you think God will protect you, maybe you shouldn't be motorcycling, har har.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Got to change what I said yesterday...

I saw 1 ex500 so far this season. ;D

it was a mint 1988 or 1987 (not sure if the stickers were white on black or the opposite :-\)

It was a red one.

It passed in the opposite direction on a highway exit.. It was on the highway 10 exit #29 near Richelieu. If it's you, don't be shy and say hi :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've seen two 500r's around town one on my street at midnight thought it was someone from this board....but wasn't

A Green one with a female rider no helmet t-shirt and jeans...with flowers pasted all over it. Other than that it's cruisers or GSXR's (Suzuki must be making a killing)

I see a lot of 250r's I think that people are buying 250r's then bumping up to GSXR's LOL.

I'd like to get a large 500R Ride together with folks around Austin....but never see any.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts