Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

221 - 240 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
iThinkergoiMac said:
Just received and installed mine! I got the kit with the OEM gaskets. Worked great!

Also turns out I live about 20 minutes away from where these shipped from, haha.
Thank you for your order. I am sorry but in most circumstances, when people who live close to me order, I try my best to deliver the kits myself to save people from the shipping charge. Unfortunately I must have been tied up and rather than delay delivery I decided to ship it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just submitted an order for a set of these, very excited to throw them on.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Just ordered the kit. How fast is the shipping to me. I have great weather to ride this weekend and next week. I'm hoping to get the bike back on the road this weekend.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
I hope so. Want to install one this fall.
Hey Kevin.

Yes they are still available. My site took a dump and I am going through the rebuild process but please send your purchase inquiry to [email protected] and I'll get you hooked up with a quote and forward you my PayPal payment account. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Oh and just as an FYI, my kit is made here in the USA via a CNC machine out of 3mm stainless steel to the same dimensions as the OEM plate and therefore is not susceptible to the inevitable inaccuracies and irregularities caused when something like this is "handmade".

Hit me up when you're ready to purchase!

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
One Evil Monkey, while what you say is indeed true, the effects in this application are negligible.

I can attest to the fit, finish and longevity of Toddlamp's block off plates. I have had them installed on the same valve cover for 87,000 miles and they still provide a perfect seal. I have never removed them. I actually have been unsuccessful at removing them as they've really got stuck on at this point, so the valve cover has jumped around from engine to engine.
They're also very pretty.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
All I'm going to say any more on this matter is that Toddlamp makes a very high quality PAIR removal kit.
One Evil Monkey, your kit is "good enough".

If you desire to offer your kit, you need to make your own thread. Do not solicit your wares on somebody else's product thread.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not knocking you but why would you laser cut or CNC stainless when steel period expands at a different rate than the aluminum head and valve cover...?
Not trying to stir stuff up or anything...but you do realize there are literally millions of cars with cast iron blocks and aluminum heads that have done trillions of miles without issue.

The difference in expansion between stainless and aluminum over a 2 inch span at 200 degrees is .00096 inches. I checked.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Does Todd still make this PAIR kit?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes, despite another member trying to cut in on his business. See post #240 for his sales email.
Thanks...I dug back and sent him an email before I saw your answer... Guess I should've done that before posting? :) Thanks, Todd and K-Woppa...

·
Super Moderator
6,193 Posts
Not trying to stir stuff up or anything...but you do realize there are literally millions of cars with cast iron blocks and aluminum heads that have done trillions of miles without issue.

The difference in expansion between stainless and aluminum over a 2 inch span at 200 degrees is .00096 inches. I checked.
Good point

·
Registered
2,459 Posts

The gasket takes that up! Use RTV or 3M windshield adhesive and it is absolutely a non-issue.
I need a set which has a loop on the plug side to support the coil-on plugs that I am switching to.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
FYI: Todd is still making and selling the kits. From an email he sent me:
"I don't know if that helps you at all but if you would still like to order the price is $15.50. If you would like a pair of the OEM Kawasaki PAIR plate gaskets please add $6.00. US domestic USPS Priority Mail shipping is $7.55 for a total of $29.05. Whenever you are ready to order you can submit payment directly to [email protected]esigns.com. If you have any questions please let me know.

And thank you for your support!

Todd"
I just ordered a set.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Got my kit from Todd in less than 4 days (over a weekend) and found his communication and kit quality both excellent. Thanks again!!

221 - 240 of 272 Posts