Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

241 - 260 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Got my kit from Todd in less than 4 days (over a weekend) and found his communication and kit quality both excellent. Thanks again!!
Amen to that! Very high quality stuff and great communication. Am going to mount my kit using studs so that I can piggyback a stick coil mount/support on top of them without having to drill the plates.

Reactions: Saabnut

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just installed my kit the other day. Nicely packaged, quick shipping and he is quick to respond to emails.

·
Registered
45 Posts
OK I want a pair removal kit from LampOneDesigns.
Google just sends me back here, OR to a dead end, no longer existing website.
So what is the secret word I need to know to be allowed the honor of buying these little block off plates?
Larry

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks K-woppa you were correct. I emailed him and he responded with all the info right away. So the magic word was email, not google.

Larry

·
Registered
56 Posts
I paypal'd Todd via the email from po18guy's post #253 and got the set only a few days later. Haven't installed it yet, but it looks good and was fairly cheap.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
Hey guys! Thank you all so much for the support. My site was down for a little bit (most likely because I screwed something up and had to restore)

It is back up and kits are still in stock for all your purchasing needs.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you all now that I now have semi-gloss-black powder coated plates in stock!

·
Registered
84 Posts
^^ nice! If it had a machined "K" through the powdercoat down to the bare metal, even cooler! I may do that to mine with simple bbq paint if I ever take 'em back off. Quality product and kit, and installed really quickly and easily.

Reactions: toddlamp

·
Registered
136 Posts
I installed one (pre-black powder coat) and it all fit, the gaskets were genuine Kawi parts, and the PAIR system is no longer a nuisance on my bike.
Nice kit!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've heard a small amount of information on this mod from posts on this thread and I just want to know how this affects the bikes performance.
Pros/cons for this mod?
What I've picked up so far is that this mod will reduce clutter and a small amount of weight, but by doing this, there's no longer air going from the airbox to the exhaust through the pair valve. What happens when this airflow is cut off?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've heard a small amount of information on this mod from posts on this thread and I just want to know how this affects the bikes performance.
Pros/cons for this mod?
What I've picked up so far is that this mod will reduce clutter and a small amount of weight, but by doing this, there's no longer air going from the airbox to the exhaust through the pair valve. What happens when this airflow is cut off?
The purpose of the air injection is to provide oxygen so that any unburnt fuel will ignite and burn in the hot exhaust flow. It is purely an emissions control system to reduce hydrocarbon emissions. It causes popping in the exhaust as the fuel ignites.

Removing the airflow reduces popping from the exhaust, with a simultaneous increase in hydrocarbon emissions.

The primary purpose for doing the PAIR delete is usually to eliminate clutter to simplify other maintenance, and to reduce exhaust popping. It is not going to have any noticeable affect on performance (power, fuel economy, etc).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ordered this PAIR kit last night, on its way so I can do this mod on my son's '07 EX. No problems at all getting it ordered.

Reactions: toddlamp

·
Registered
58 Posts
got my kit in yesterday's mail. Going to wait on carb parts and install all together. Thanks Todd for the fast response!

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
You still making these, I need another set for a new project

241 - 260 of 272 Posts