Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With cardstock and scissors I sketched out an idea to modify my Airtech fairing to be added shortly:

[attachment deleted by admin]

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This mod would be smoother than seen of course, I intend to use glass-over-foam for a more fitted piece. Without modifying the lower fairing there will be the matter of the radiator, which is 1" wider than the lower.

I took some design notes from the zx-6r, with a straight leading edge on the mid-fairing and the rectangular side ducting. I also plan to extend the nose about an inch for a more pointy appearance.

If I use carbon fiber and a well-shaped inner surface the new fairing would be stiff enough to withstand the force of the air moving around it, I hope. If not then the bottom edge would need to be tied to the lower fairing or a spar added across the bottom near the radiator; If I spar it then application might require the removal of the front wheel which I want to avoid.

I acquired a zx-6r double bubble windscreen thinking it would be better looking, since I was messing around with the lower sides of the fairing maybe redo the top? The '6r DB isn't any higher than the stock 500r screen so it's an appearance-driven modification that would be more complicated than adding a skirt to the bikini.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts