Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the motorcycle world, so obviously i have alot to learn.

Today I saw a bike parked about 20 ft away from the mall entrance right beside the wall of the mall. So just wondering what the rules of parking the motorcycle are, I'd assume they are the same as a car, but I have seen motorcyclists park in very strange places over the years.

S

·
0 Posts
In Oregon (where I live) we can park basically anywhere, unless it is a striped spot next to a handicap spot. It also depends on how nice your bike looks/how much a jerk you want to be. My bike doesn't look nice so I don't park on the sidewalks right outside the bars, but if I had a new one I might. ;D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Place your rear tire against the curb, with the bike facing up-hill. It's much easier to back in down-hill than try backing out up-hill.

The only break around here, is I don't have to face a parking meter.. Otherwise you'll get a ticket for weird parking just as fast as any car.. but this area is heavy on traffic/parking citations. It's their money maker.

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
In Wisconsin, you can park your bike just like a bicycle unless there are rules at the property where your motorcycle is parked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts