Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got this 88 EX500 as the goal was to take everything off of my 09 and transfer it over to the 88. However the Dept of MV said there is over $800 of back fees on the bike, and I just can't stomach that. So everything goes.....if not to the forum, then to the junkyard. According to the guy I bought this from, the motor ran but smoked, so figure it needs a rebuild. The carbs are not there. The frame looks fine, as does the swingarm and forks. The 16" wheels are in good shape, the rubber obviously is bad and I will remove the tires. Not sure what aftermarket exhaust brand this is, but it is complete. There is some rust on the pipes but no holes that I saw. The only part not in the picture is the seat, which has bad foam/cover but the pan is okay. Hit me up if you need any of these items. I am in Northern CA but can ship to you. Have a great, safe Memorial Day weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
How much for the 2 into 1 exhaust shipped to Pa 17020 area code. also what condition is the exhaust any dents, holes or deep scratches

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, just $20 for the exhaust, I will try and calculate shipping cost tomorrow. Will take some pics for you. Didn't see any holes, just some rust. Thank you for your interest.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Shoot me some pics, and the total cost. As long as it is usable, and not all smashed in pretty much consider it sold. Do you accept PayPal?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gix, here are some pics. If the res on this site isn't good, I can send them to your email address where you may be able to see them larger with better detail. I saw no holes at all. There is surface rust on the pipes, light scale. About an hour with a drill/wire wheel should remove it just fine. I hit the can with some 000 steel wool for about 2 minutes and it started coming back to life. There appears to be some rubber about ~12 inches from the top of the pipe. Maybe something rubber came in contact with it and melted? About the size of a nickle maybe.Not sure who mfd this exhaust. Turns out I have a perfect box to ship this, so I am ready to go if you are. $20 plus shipping, here are your options: DSC06661.JPG DSC06662.JPG DSC06663.JPG DSC06664.JPG DSC06665.JPG USPS: $103. UPS: $109, FedEx: $74 Greyhound: $73 (would need to p/u in Harrisburg). If you know a less expensive way to send I am all ears. Paypal is great. Thanks Charlie

·
Registered
49 Posts
The exhaust look like a early 90s V&H, I'll do the $74.00 for fed-ex shoot me a private message and I'll get you paid for Fedex shipping, and send you my home address so you know where to ship it. I'll check this again around 3:00pm eastern. If it is more for tracking let me know, and I'll send that as well I like to track shipments. thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts