Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Knightslugger said:
just 50MPH eh? that's ok. on that thing, i'd be scared witless at 20MPH...
Get crackin' only 85 more posts until you hit the 1,000 mark! I don't know if you know this or not, but I am looking at going out to CA this summer on my bike. What is some good sized/weighted gear that would fit in a backpack that I could wear? I'm looking at traveling light and camping on the way. ;D

T

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
Well, a compression bag, a fair weather poly bivy sac and a small one person tent is what you're looking for. Slumberjack makes a few good ones for sleeping bags.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
SOC800,
Where are you starting out from?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Personally Im looking to go to Phoenix Az. All the way from MI( I might just win the millage contest :D).

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Smoky said:
Personally Im looking to go to Phoenix Az. All the way from MI( I might just win the millage contest :D).
I lived in Arizona for awhile . Other than Death Valley , Pheonix has to be the hottest place in the U.S. during the summer . I don't envey you one bit . You would be EARNING the milage contest not WINNING it !

·
Registered
270 Posts
After I finnish college I'm out to MMI at the Phoenix campus hopefully I won't be comming back to MI, this time is just going to be a visit if I actually get to go. (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Lucky#13 said:
Smoky said:
I lived in Arizona for awhile . Other than Death Valley , Pheonix has to be the hottest place in the U.S. during the summer . I don't envey you one bit . You would be EARNING the milage contest not WINNING it !
Yeah, but it's a dry heat...

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
It's still hot as hell in Arizona , even with it being dry heat . But down here in the south it gets almost the same temps in summer 100-110 , there 105-115 . In Arizona it's the wind burn that gets ya , and in Alabama it's the HIGH humidity that'll kill ya . SO , which is worse ? I'd perfer cooler weather , but if I had to choose it'd be the dry heat hands down .

·
Registered
270 Posts
You want cooler temps come live here in michigan were expecting a snow storm turning to freezing rain tonight.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I said cooler , not colder . I've been north also , you can keep it . I'm man enough to admit I can't handle cold weather like you guys have .

·
Registered
270 Posts
Its weird the other day it was in the 30's and we all thought it was warm out we even had some of the shop doors open.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.