Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

Have you completed a Motorcycle Safety Class?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Administrator
25,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you completed a Motorcycle safety class?

If you have plans and are signed up, please mark yourself a NO. when you complete your class, come back and change your vote!

IT'S IMPORTANT!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Been on motorized bikes since the age of 12. Cautious, sensible, and not acting like a fool with power keep me safe. Riding was encoded into my DNA.

Have I taken the MSF? No.

Would I take it? If it were free.

Should other people who are unlike myself? More than likely.

Also, my fiancée just recently took her MSF course. The one time I tried to teach her how to ride was on my Honda 50, and to be quite honest I didn't think there was any hope at all for her. During her course she never dropped the bike and only put her foot down once. I feel at ease a bit more as well as her.

If there is any doubt in your mind take the MSF.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Well I didn't take the MSF. I took a CBT (compulsory bike training). You have to do it to legally ride on the road and then only allowed to ride a 125 or below until you pass your full test.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
I took the MSF because I did not know how to ride.

I did buy an old **** bike and try beforehand, but soon realized that I'd need some training.

Best thing I did IMHO.

S

·
0 Posts
I did it to: 1. lower my insurance rates, 2. be able to do my road test sooner and get my full license.

·
Registered
878 Posts
wootlekins said:
Been on motorized bikes since the age of 12. Cautious, sensible, and not acting like a fool with power keep me safe. Riding was encoded into my DNA.

Have I taken the MSF? No.

Should other people who are unlike myself? More than likely.
Similar to you, I've been riding some form motorized bike since I was in the single digits. Riding a road bike came to me like second nature.

No, I have not taken the MSF... and really have no intention to do so.

I am however, an advocate of the course as it definitely serves a purpose.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I took MSF and it was the best $200 I spent.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Took my Rider training course 2 weeks after I bought my first bike!! Then waited 3 years to become an instructor!! It was really fun teaching new riders as well as braking old rider of bad habits

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
roxynoodle said:
Yes, in Ohio it is only $25 and gets you your endorsement.
free (and required) if you're under 18!

I registered, but was 2 minutes late and my seat got taken. They make you pay another $25 if you want to register for the class again, but taking the test is free. I told the people running the class to **** themselves and passed my test on the first try (2 days later).

my brother and wife both took the MSF course though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
az79 said:
I took MSF and it was the best $200 I spent.
+1 and another $50

·
Registered
971 Posts
I took the written test required in ID to get your endorsement, spent a month riding, took the skills test, then 2 months later got a call that someone had dropped out of a class early, and they had an open spot for the beginners class, and it started in 5 hours and $75... I was at work, said I needed the rest of the weekend off, ran home, went to the first night class, and made it with 3 mins to spare. I did well enough and helped to explain a few things to some people that the instructors wanted me to come back and teach... which would have made me the youngest STAR instructor ever in the state of Idaho(22 then). I however still had 2 tickets on my record, and now that they are off my record I would need to take the course again, or just take the $50 advanced course.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts