Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

Have you completed a Motorcycle Safety Class?

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
wootlekins said:
Been on motorized bikes since the age of 12. Cautious, sensible, and not acting like a fool with power keep me safe. Riding was encoded into my DNA.

Have I taken the MSF? No.

Would I take it? If it were free.

Should other people who are unlike myself? More than likely.

Also, my fiancée just recently took her MSF course. The one time I tried to teach her how to ride was on my Honda 50, and to be quite honest I didn't think there was any hope at all for her. During her course she never dropped the bike and only put her foot down once. I feel at ease a bit more as well as her

THANK YOU. GOD DANG!

If there is any doubt in your mind take the MSF.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sure did. I know here in Nebraska, the cost for the class is fairly high (I think $250), but luckily since I work on base, my class was free. I wouldve eventually taken the class through the state when I had the money and time for it, but this way was just much easier.

·
Registered
176 Posts
ive been riding dirt bikes and 4 wheelers for about 12 years i race enurance cars at the local track. i had not planed to take any safety course

·
Registered
10,971 Posts
^^ You're not bored of that VFR yet are ya?

-------------------------------

I took one and am glad I did.

I had never even sat on MC seat before so that course not only taught me life saving skills but how to actually operate a MC.

S

·
0 Posts
For anyone interested, Lee Parks will be teaching advanced riding techniques here in Toronto in early June.

·
Super Moderator
14,500 Posts
00ninja said:

I had never even sat on MC seat before so that course not only taught me life saving skills but how to actually operate a MC.
not yet.....but at least you're on the list ;D

·
Registered
10,971 Posts
ducatiman said:
00ninja said:

not yet.....but at least you're on the list ;D
And I thank you.

T

·
0 Posts
i had to do compulsary basic training, then the proper bike test. i did an advanced qualification after that but it was optional. got my insurance costs down a bit.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Took the msf course in MD to get licensed 7 or 8 years ago. Now that I'm PA resident and riding across the country next year, I plan on taking the advanced course to brush up on (and learn new) skills... as PA offers beginner and advanced classes for free to PA residents.

M

·
0 Posts
wootlekins said:
Been on motorized bikes since the age of 12. Cautious, sensible, and not acting like a fool with power keep me safe. Riding was encoded into my DNA.

Have I taken the MSF? No.

Would I take it? If it were free.

Should other people who are unlike myself? More than likely.

Also, my fiancée just recently took her MSF course. The one time I tried to teach her how to ride was on my Honda 50, and to be quite honest I didn't think there was any hope at all for her. During her course she never dropped the bike and only put her foot down once. I feel at ease a bit more as well as her.

If there is any doubt in your mind take the MSF.
The discount on insurance means you are losing money by not taking it.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Masta, come to the lovely state of Michigan, and it's no -fault insurance. They don't give a DAMN if you have a MSF class under you or not.

Period.

I've had my endorsement 26 years, and started riding 7 years prior to that. they don't care.

No fault sucks.

M

·
0 Posts
two_seater_twister said:
Masta, come to the lovely state of Michigan, and it's no -fault insurance. They don't give a DAMN if you have a MSF class under you or not.

Period.

I've had my endorsement 26 years, and started riding 7 years prior to that. they don't care.

No fault sucks.
well not everyone lives in michigan

·
Registered
33 Posts
damn flordia laws requiring MSF -.- i can understand why it just sucks having to wait a full 2 months (last waiting week right now)

·
Registered
33 Posts
two_seater_twister said:
LOL- this I know... I wish we would get insurance breaks for that, after riding all these years, I would STILL go take it, if it made a difference in premiums.
on the ex . full coverage 500 deductable my premium is 1200/year

41 - 60 of 80 Posts